Hello, here is Szines

Szines

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6450, HP DeskJet 1015
I like making, designing printings.
I have used successfully for many years a Canon Pixma IP1800, refilling it easily, without problems. Very happy with it.
Some HP experience with a HP 4255 all-in-one.
The past experience with the IP1800 leaded me to buy a year and a half ago a Canon MG6450. Total disappointment. Canon turned to be just business. Especially the waste ink tank error. This drived me crazy.
Now I use as emergency solution a HP DeskJet InkAdvantage 1015. I hope it won't have such limitation.
And i work only on Linux :), which sometimes can be a heaven or a nightmare setting up a printer, printing in color, or photos, printing desired dimensions on desired paper, or what the printer understands - ps or pdf. But usually I have found a solution or workaround, or how to attach a little piece of paper to the photo paper to fool the HP 1015 to think it is a higher paper to reduce its very big 1,46 cm bottom printer border :) - too big for smaller sized papers.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi @Szines and welcome, I am sure looking at your setup you can contribute quite a lot to the many Linux users that might be having problems with their printers...

P.S. don’t give up on Canon that easy...;)