1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Does Ink Freeze?
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Hello, here is Szines

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Szines, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Dec 9, 2016
    Szines

Szines Newbie to Printing

Printer Model:
    Canon MG6450, HP DeskJet 1015
    I like making, designing printings.
    I have used successfully for many years a Canon Pixma IP1800, refilling it easily, without problems. Very happy with it.
    Some HP experience with a HP 4255 all-in-one.
    The past experience with the IP1800 leaded me to buy a year and a half ago a Canon MG6450. Total disappointment. Canon turned to be just business. Especially the waste ink tank error. This drived me crazy.
    Now I use as emergency solution a HP DeskJet InkAdvantage 1015. I hope it won't have such limitation.
    And i work only on Linux :), which sometimes can be a heaven or a nightmare setting up a printer, printing in color, or photos, printing desired dimensions on desired paper, or what the printer understands - ps or pdf. But usually I have found a solution or workaround, or how to attach a little piece of paper to the photo paper to fool the HP 1015 to think it is a higher paper to reduce its very big 1,46 cm bottom printer border :) - too big for smaller sized papers.

2. Dec 10, 2016
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon Rule in My House
    Hi @Szines and welcome, I am sure looking at your setup you can contribute quite a lot to the many Linux users that might be having problems with their printers...

P.S. don’t give up on Canon that easy...;)

stratman likes this.