Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I reckon we may need an Aircraft Investigation thread yet... :hu

CAPT RICK

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA MG7720
I reckon we may need an Aircraft Investigation thread yet... :hu

Don't think so. I'm having enough trouble trying to get a handle on refilling my CLI-271s and PGBK-270 carts. I thought I knew everything I needed to know until I discovered the "Draining a Canon cartridge" thread in this forum. Do I need to flush and drain my empty carts?

CAPT RICK

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA MG7720
Is that one of Harrison Ford's planes?
No. Don't think so. And since the incident the other day when he landed on a taxiway over the top of an American waiting for takeoff I would suspect that his flying days are numbered. The FAA (a former employer) has NO sense of humor and doesn't care the about a person's star power. I suspect they'll ask him to surrender his certificate or they'll suspend it for a while.

Best

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Do I need to flush and drain my empty carts?
No. Refill ink such as from Precision Colors is generally problem free as an admixture and reasonably good enough match to OEM that color gamut will be affected but not terribly much for most casual uses or individuals. It may take 2-3 refills for the OEM ink to be sufficiently replaced. For those wanting best results immediately, flushing before refilling is advised. Most appear to be fine with adding refill ink to OEM remnants. It is your choice.

Caveat -- If Mikling says to not use the Yellow 271 Cartridge to avoid the Yello Gello then do not use it and instead use a different color 271 that has been flushed. As I explained previously, you will need to do a chip swap onto the different color cartridge that you will use for Yellow.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I would suspect that his flying days are numbered.
I was joking about Harrison Ford, but, in a sensible planet that should be the case.

What happened to the pilot/passengers from your picture?

CAPT RICK

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA MG7720
What happened to the pilot/passengers from your picture?

Nothing, the picture is a photoshopped training tool that we used in accident investigation school. The parts and pieces were strategically placed and you'll notice there is no damage to the pool, garbage can, the fence, the barn, etc. And the N# has been photoshopped so as to be a non-existent number. The fireman were volunteers who posed with their gear and hoses.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@CAPT RICK

How are you getting along with your refilling?

CAPT RICK

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA MG7720
Haven't started yet. Am still collecting OEM (some XL, some "standard") CLI-271/PGBK-270 cartridges. Have about 30 now. I did contact Octoinkjet just today to see how they are coming along with products for the PIXMA MG7720 printer and associated (ink) products and haven't heard back yet. May just go with Inkproducts.com or Precision Colors. Thanks for asking.

Best

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
May your refilling be as effortless as the contrails you paint in the sky. :cool:

Latest posts