Fade-resistant bulk ink options for XP15000 (what combination)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
The solution was found by removing the plug sealing the refill hole and the drains very fast into the sponge material up to the point the all ink was sucked into the sponge without dripping ink from the ink exit hole.
I'm probably teaching grandma to suck eggs here (English idiom) but that implies that the vent system isn't working properly.

If this problem will happen in the future I am thinking to use original cartridges with the bladder system, which seem to feed ink more evenly towards the print head.
I'd definitely be looking at that approach if you can manage it. Wonder what other goodies Epson has designed into their OEM carts to make that difficult though.

mavtop

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP 15000
Hi all,

with my XP 15000 (European model), i'm refilling original cartridges (resetting them with an Aliexpress resetter), and i'm refilling them with Epson 106 for Black, Yellow, Magenta and Cyan, for Red and Grey i'm using the Epson 478XL original cartridges (i got an offer and taken 4 of each one, 1 of each one was finished, so i have still 3 for each one to use).
Now i know i can create the Red using Magenta and Yellow (106) for the Grey i can use the 114, but i will wait pharmacist test before to ttry.
For now i refilled only twice the original cartridges but all works very well, no clogs or other problem, but i still didn' print photos, only some documents and some boards, not real photos still

mavtop

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
The 114 grey is the same hue als my own mix (15% PB + 85% CIB). I already installed a cartridge with original 114 grey ink. So you are safe.

mavtop

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP 15000
Now my thought are, maybe is better to get all 114 inks get the Red mixing Magenta and Yellow so we have all Epson Inks with the same "Fade resistance" ?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Now my thought are, maybe is better to get all 114 inks get the Red mixing Magenta and Yellow so we have all Epson Inks with the same "Fade resistance" ?
'Fade resistance' is not just an ink characteristic but depends very much on the paper you are using - magenta may fade faster than cyan on one paper but the other way around on another paper . Lots of testing had been done about 2 years ago and earlier in this respect.

mavtop

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP 15000
ok, so 106 and 114 are very similar, but the question now is:

When i use Original OEM inks 378XL and 478XL, these are the original inks for the XP 15000, i can print directly on Epson paper using the ICC profiles in the driver if included

If i change the Original OEM inks with 106 or 114 inks Do i need to create my custom profiles for the Epson paper or i can use the ICC profiles in the driver ?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Just give it a try. Most likely profiling is not necessary.

Latest posts