Epson Stylus Photo PX710W printing in pink

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Ok thanks for the updated, indeed I followed that video to prime again the cartridge, plus the tubes were kind of pressurized and luckily there were not too much ink inside them, since they were full of air, and seems that nothing went into the electronics, at least until now the printer is keep printing so I assume I have been lucky, if in case I'll need to disassemble those tubes again I just discovered that the Epson Adjprogram has a function to depressurize those hoses and empty them from the ink so it won't be a mess again.
I wasn't aware of that last so that's definitely useful. Thanks :)

anyway about the air that flows from the CISS to the cartridge I was just looking at the chinese Aliexpress market and seems that they solved this issue with these valves that I never seen before and that have a similar/same design with the valve that is installed into the original T080 and T079 cartridges, I thinks that, if these valves do what they promise, they should keep my CISS and cartridges air free
That may work but my suspicion is that some of the air gets into the cartridges/buffers via the rubber bung in the top of the cart/buffer or similar. So, still worth keeping an eye. Just my opinion but I've seen it time and again with CIS systems.

The other problem now is about the inks,my printer supports Claria inks and with those inks it printed flawlessly, digging into forum seems that the only big printer that uses the same Claria dye ink are the Fujifilm frontier printer but you need then to make LC and LM since they use only 4 colors, the other alternative imho would be to use some other original Epson ink bottle, butI don't thin they are Claria but just Epson genuine Dye
@Ink stained Fingers might be a good one to pitch in here. I believe the T106 inks might be a good candidate although same issue with the Light Magenta/Cyan but it may be a more cost effective option to consider.

james3

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 835
I wasn't aware of that last so that's definitely useful. Thanks :)
I think then that your video tutorial needs just to be updated since the first operation before disassembling and priming the tubes should be decompressing them

As you can see I have the Adjustment Epson program for my Epson Stylus Photo 1.0.0, Do you know which version is the latest and where can I find it ?

Attachments

• Schermata a 2020-11-16 08-02-56.png
    Schermata a 2020-11-16 08-02-56.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 192
  • Schermata a 2020-11-16 08-02-41.png
    Schermata a 2020-11-16 08-02-41.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I think then that your video tutorial needs just to be updated since the first operation before disassembling and priming the tubes should be decompressing them
Yup... Unfortunately about 200 videos precede that, but I'll see if I can add some notes to the video page to include that info'.
As you can see I have the Adjustment Epson program for my Epson Stylus Photo 1.0.0, Do you know which version is the latest and where can I find it ?
Unfortunately not... The AdjProg utilities became such a pain to access and/or use that we stopped testing them. Windows 10 made things much harder too with changes in the hardware interaction so I'm not longer up to speed on them. Having a Windows 7 laptop makes things much easier with compatibility mode FWIW.

james3

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 835
Hello, my Epson PX820FWD aka Artisan 835, has one of the color (LM) that suddenly isn't printing anymore and I'm 100% it's a matter of air in the supply tubes, the other colors just print perfectly,
So since I already fixed this disassembling the print head, but is a real mess, and since it's just one color this time that isn't printing, is there a cleaner faster way to prime just that color ?
I just run two nozzle head cleaning cycles, the LM came back, but not completely, then it disappeared again when I tried to print some LM ful A4 page purge color print

james3

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 835
If I had to prime just one color since there's air in that tube (other colors just print fines) what do you suggest? I would avoid to disassemble the printhead again, even depressurizing it first, it's a bit a mess

james3

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 835
Update:
I recently switched to an ARC cartridge set and I primed the printer head, that was airclogged on the black and the LM from the previous compatible cartridges, performing 3 printer head cleaning; now I think that I fixed my problem since it occurred often when I had to replace compatible cartridges with new compatible cartridges were poorly primed/ or lost the priming and basically each time I had to fix this issue wasting a lot of ink doing print head cleaning to re- prime the printer head (often just for a single missing color or 2);
Now with the refillable cartridge I think that once primed, since I wont replace them with other cartridges, If I keep an eye on their ink level and so I keep them primed, I should have fixed my problem definitely (anyway I think it wont be difficult since the refillable cartridges hold 11-13ml vs the 7.7ml of the original so the printer will read them as empty when they will be still 1/2-1/3 so no airclog I hope )

The only think that I don't like when I had a single or 2 missing colors is that I had to prime the printer head using the print head cleaning wasting lot of ink even of the other colors that didn't need to be primed; would be nice it there were a procedure to priming / print head cleaning each single color separately.