Epson Stylus Photo PX710W printing in pink

KG44

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Photo PX710W
i have an Epson Stylus Photo PX710W connected to an apple mac running OS Catalina that only seems to print in pink, if it prints anything at all. I've done all the diagnostics, nozzle and head cleans, as well as all the alignments. still no joy. Any tips?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
L310/805/1800, P400, Pro7600
Are you using original or 3rd party cartridges ? did this problem occur suddenly or did the print quality deterirate over time ? Could you please scan a nozzle check and post it here as a .jpg file - with the 'Attach files' function.

KG44

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Are you using original or 3rd party cartridges ? did this problem occur suddenly or did the print quality deterirate over time ? Could you please scan a nozzle check and post it here as a .jpg file - with the 'Attach files' function.
yes, using 3rd party but have been for years with no probs until now. i would send a scan of the nozzle check, but when i did 1 there was nothing on the page.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I would assume you missed a button to load your image, if the file format would be wrong, or the file file too large, or whatever other error condition you should have seen an error notice by the forum software. Please try again.

KG44

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
I would assume you missed a button to load your image, if the file format would be wrong, or the file file too large, or whatever other error condition you should have seen an error notice by the forum software. Please try again.
sorry, i meant there was nothing on the print nozzle check page.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PX710W printing in pink

nothing at all anymore ? - not even pink ?

Can you change one of the cartridges to a new one and run another nozzle check to see if there are at least a few lines visible . And an additional cleaning cycle to see if the printout for that color normalizes. Please make sure that possible plastic stripes are removed from the cartridge which cover up a vent hole. You may poke with a needle into that vent hole (if it's a 3rd party cartridge, an Epson cartridge for your model may have such tape as well, I'm not so familiar with this one).
Did the problem occur at once - e.g. after changing the cartridge supplier - or some technical malfunction ?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Also, check the flexible tubing that runs to the printhead...

Chances are high that you'll see what look like breaks in the colour along each of the tubes or lack of colour in some... A photo of that tubing would be useful as that's easier to interpret but basically any "breaks" are air in the feed tubing and clearing that requires access to a utility that can perform an "ink charge". You'd also need a set of cartridges that were definitely full, feeding properly with clear vent channels, etc... as the process uses a fair amount of ink.