Epson Ecotank ET-7750

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The Hat, what do you mean by "let the printer handle the colour"?
@Francesco Longobardi, I meant: - Just turning on your printer, setting your paper type and size, then letting the printer do the rest for you, first learn what the printer is capable of, then you can start changing things to suit yourself much later.

Colour management and printing is a mine field if you don’t know what you’re doing, but don’t worry the printer does... ;)

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
you are most likely printing out of some graphics/photo editing software like Photoshop, and such programs typically offer some different options how to handle color management e.g. whether you activate a color profile via the driver or that software. So there is a risk that settings get mixed up, doubled etc if you are not clear about the details , so it is very much recommended to follow @The Hat 's advise
first learn what the printer is capable of, then you can start changing things to suit yourself much later.
Color management settings can get tricky sometimes otherwise , and go and test the settings the driver gives you like color adjustments, photo enhancements , icm profile activation etc on top of the typical settings - choice of paper - resolution/quality - borderless etc.

Francesco Longobardi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 7750
Of course I will first experiment with what the printer is capable of. I'd be interested in doing more just in case I wasn't satisfied with the results, but I'll probably ask someone with more experience (the people on this forum) before mixing all the settings.
Thank you a lot for your advices!!

Zozo photo

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
Of course I will first experiment with what the printer is capable of. I'd be interested in doing more just in case I wasn't satisfied with the results, but I'll probably ask someone with more experience (the people on this forum) before mixing all the settings.
Thank you a lot for your advices!!

hello francesco, my name is enzo, nice to meet you!
I followed the post on 7750. Have you finally bought the printer? I would like to know how it works on sheets of 300gr type watercolor paper. Thanks for your time, it is difficult to find people in Italy who dedicate time to the print.

Francesco Longobardi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 7750
Hi Enzo, nice to meet you!
I haven't bought it yet, I will do it next week (it's my birthday, so I'll get it as a present ;)). I'll be happy to help you out when I get it!
That's true unfortunately, it's really hard to find Italian people that like to print seriously. And it's even hard to find dealers and suppliers with a nice selection of papers, inks etc. Maybe once I've started printing you can tell me a little about how you deal with this "problem"!

Edit:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
The rear bin should let the printer handle 300gr paper without problem, I'm using 280gr paper regularly. It's more the
question about the 'watercolor' surface property and how that interacts with the inks, I guess - you need to experiment and even test different types of papers to find aout which ones give the best effects.
You may use the search function of the forum and look for 'watercolor', there have been some entries over the last time

Zozo photo

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
Thanks for the reply,
I really like experimenting with the paper. With the pixma pro1 I printed on different types of handmade paper and more. I would like to buy this printer now because reloading the pro1 has become impossible for me.
I will wait for your news!

Thanks again!

Zozo photo

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
The rear bin should let the printer handle 300gr paper without problem, I'm using 280gr paper regularly. It's more the
question about the 'watercolor' surface property and how that interacts with the inks, I guess - you need to experiment and even test different types of papers to find aout which ones give the best effects.
You may use the search function of the forum and look for 'watercolor', there have been some entries over the last time

thank you very much I will check on the forum for more information :)