Epson Ecotank ET-7750

Francesco Longobardi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 7750
Thank you @The Hat for your tutorial! Some settings in the driver were different but overall I were able to follow it!
I've got some updates, I've made a few tests and think I now get what's going on.
The problem lies in the "borderless" option in the driver. When I check it, I can then choose the amount of autoexpansion of the image, from "retain size" (which is no expansion) to max. I've printed from photoshop the image that @Ink stained Fingers provided, adapting it to an A4.
Here are the results:
-with retain size, the scale looks good but the image is not centered, so on two edges there is a thin white line and on the other two I'm missing some of the image, with a maximum of about 1mm;
-with minimum autoexpansion the image is scaled up and I lose about 1mm for each side (the loss increases with medium autoexpansion).
So it seems clear that the driver makes the image larger to bypass mechanical imprecisions of the printer.
The things change in Lightroom, where if I choose "retain size", the software allows me to make the cell actually larger than A4, as if I could set my own auto-expansion.
To sum up, I will have to live with the loss of a few mm when printing borderless and I will have to accept slightly uneven margins when printing with borders. Do you think this is just a problem of this printer, or do most of the others have mechanical imprecision to deal with?
I hope this post will be useful to someone!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You may expand via the driver to the max, and add some small borders in Lightroom - uneven left and right e.g. 2 mm on one side and 3mm on the other side to compensate for the variances you see, that's what I do in Qimage when I' m printing borderless. But I don't see such differences with my ET-7750 as long as the paper width is exactly as specified. There are some small tolerances with the paper feed mechanism from page to page.

Francesco Longobardi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 7750
Thank you for your advices, I'll try it with the next photos.
There's something else I'd like to ask. On Epson's Italian website the maximum paper weight the ET 7750 can handle is 300 gsm. Is there any tolerance in that specific? For example I've found some baryta paper which is 310 gsm, do you think it can handle it? What could happen if I tried and it didn't work?
Sorry for all these questions, that might sound stupid to most of you experienced in printing, but as I told you I've got no experience unfortunately.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I would try that 310 gr paper, but be aware that it is not just the weight which may cause a problem - it is the thickness which can vary between papers with the same weight, the pulp may be more compressed with one paper than with the other - this influences as well the stiffness how well a paper moves through the transport mechanism when you feed from the bottom, and some papers may not be perfectly flat but slightly curled, all details you cannot get from the datasheet. Try the rear paper bin with this heavy paper , that's causing less problems typically.

Zozo photo

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
hi @Ink stained Fingers,do you have tests done with non-photographic art paper or fineart paper? I can not find anything online and I would be very curious to see the results. thx

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
what is a non-photographic art paper - without inkjet coating ? that won't work very well with inkjet printers - you don't get a good black and not a good color saturation either. That's not a problem with the ET-7750 specifically but with all dye ink printers. You can try it but....
I have a sample pack of some inkjet fineart papers
https://tecco.de/photo/fine-art/
which I can try to feed through an ET-7750, but please give me some time, and I won't print anything since I need
those few sheets to create profiles if needed.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I tested the paper feed of my ET-7750 with most of the listed Fine Art papers , see the specs on pp22-30 here
https://tecco.de/wp-content/uploads/lists/RANGE_TECCO_PHOTO_EN.pdf
I just tested them with the rear paper feeder, papers in size A4, all these GB330, TFR300, BWR305, CS350, CBW400 and CNW 340 are feeding without problem, not one re-feed.
The only paper not feeding is the PFR450 Fine Art Rag 450gr, that one is very stiff and thick, too much for this printer. All these are specific specialty papers for inkjet printers. Other paper companies than Tecco should have similar offerings in their catalogue.

Zozo photo

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
thank you very much. can you tell me about the quality of the print on this paper?
thanks again and sorry for the many questions :)

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I did not make any actual prints , I was just testing how they are feeding from the rear paper bin. I keep those few sample sheets in case I want to print a patch sheet to make an icc-profile.