EPSON Artisan 835 CISS and Bulk INK

alaa945

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
pharmacist said:
Inkrepublic.com has damper cartridges on its CISS system, so you might have a look there. I am not sure the Deluxe tank are damper based or just extended refillable cartridges. For pigment ink look for damper systems and for siphon based (dipped from the top) as this works the most reliable for pigment systems. Systems in which the ink travels from the bottom of the external bottles to the CISS cartridges/dampers tend to clog over time as the pigment particles tend to settle down.
thanks but i will not use pigmented ink on my printer, i will use dye based ink

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
I do wonder about the longevity of aftermarket dyes vs OEM. I know from experience that converting my R220 to pigment has made the prints from it much more durable and UV resistant so I consider the aftermarket ink to be higher quality than the OEM. However, I've always used OEM ink in my R340, which I use for glossy photos with Epson 5-star paper. I only have about 3-4 more sets of OEM cartridges before I run out (I grabbed a huge amount on clearance 4 years ago). I've heard mixed stories, some people think that aftermarket dyes are, as a whole, not as good as the OEM ink. Other people say it depends far more on the paper, and maybe the brand name paper isn't the best because the ink isn't necessarily chemically optimized for that paper.

Personally I think my Epson does a better job at photos than any HPs or Canons I've experimented with but it eats far too much ink so I'd probably move to a Canon, which has much larger ink tanks than Epsons, if I wanted to continue using OEM inks.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
alaa945 said:
while i am reading and search i found this ink with very good reviews from ...MIR-AUS
http://continuousinksupplysystem.com.au/ [ link broken deliberately ]

i need your opinions about this companies and its ink quality and if and members here tried it before?
I had a heads up today about this company and while I have no knowledge of their product I am less than impressed by their attitude to copyright...

Their product listing for their own home grown waste kit is a direct lift of one of my own product listings and they even have the balls (stupidity?) to link to my own instructions as if they wrote them.

If that's the level of their ethics when it comes to copyright then I dread to think just how positive their attitude to customer service or support is... I think the expression is "avoid!"

... and just for the record, I do rate RIHAC despite a few teething issues experienced with the UK reseller recently.

godlyatheist

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi guys, I just bought a CISS system from inkproducts.com for my Epson Artisan 835. The problem i have is I set the printer and the ciss on the same surface but ink still comes out from the ciss tank. Should I raise the ciss a little bit?

Leonardjohn

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
To many to list
godlyatheist said:
Should I raise the ciss a little bit?
Hi there

I have had a Artisan 700 and 810 with a CISS positioned above printheads without a single issue.

You are less likely to get air in the lines due to expansion and contractions of ink.

Cheers
LJH

godlyatheist

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Leo. I put a box underneath the the ciss now and I'll wait to see if it helps. BTW, did you just remove some plastic from the front of the printer to let the lines go through? I did that lik eit says in the instruction, but it still seems to pinch the lines a little.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
You can cut off a bit of plastic off the underside of the printer lid to create clearance and after unhooking the left lid hinge, you can carefully feed the flat ink ribbon straight out the back. Then reconnect the hinge point and close your lid. Your CISS will sit unoptrusively on back of the printer. I saw this quite a while ago in yout tube.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariotte's_bottle

Every now and then we need to be reminded that CISS systems are simple devices. There is more mystique and hype about these things than you can imagine.

Even myself, I use dip tube bottles no pressure balance etc.

The mariotte bottle works in theory. When applied to an inkjet there are other "factors" which can become more dominant in the physics. We can look at surface tension, viscosity, and flow resistance in small tubes and orifices to begin with. These can override the pressure and "pressure balance" calculations.

There are threads about CISS in this section. What matter most is the quality of installation and adherence to physics of what needs to happen.