EPSON Artisan 835 CISS and Bulk INK

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
An old post dating back to July 7, 2007

As simple as it gets. Worked like a charm, and with SSC reset utlity. It gets the job done.

Now for those who are using printers that SSC resets works on, Like the R2400, you should be able to reset the OEM chips with an external resetter, install them on refillable cartridges or CISS bodies and then use SSC to take a snapshot of the ink levels on the chips. These are then stored on a file. Whenever the chips run down, you can reload the full or 99% full snapshot of the chip levels back onto the chips. While this is not a true reset, it gets the job done and exactly what we wished for. I used this on the 777. The documentation indicates it should work on others. This will give you a full or 99% full reading on ALL cartridges at once. Minimize priming. jtoolman....I think you might be interested in this. The 2200 and 2400s are supported by SSC reset utility.

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2136

godlyatheist

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, who sells dip tube ciss? It seems all the ciss on the web are the equal pressure kind.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Take a standard CISS, remove the tubes, dip the ends of the tubes into a container. There, you've got a dip tube. You can also make a dip tube with pressure balance physics as well, just have the air inlet go down into the liquid just as the wikipedia link shows.

ic

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
HI Alaa945, just wonder is there any refill ink in Egypt? How come you are looking high and low for the refill ink and CISS?

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I don't want to disrespect any company and I want to say right now that there are many excellent sources that have been mentioned in this venue.
To answer your direct request however I will just say that I personally have used both CISS and damper/chip bar kits and the inks from Inkjetcarts for several years with excellent results. I find the prices there to be very good and their site to be very informative. The owner also has surprised me more than once by answering questions I have had at times about printer problems, sometimes within minutes on line by E-Mail.

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Shouldn't be a mystery. I used a CIS System for years with an Epson and simply set the bottles on the table next to the printer and it worked well for years. If I had noted ink moving from the bottles through the heads or the other way and it was a problem I'd simply have raised or lowered the bottles in relation to the printer to find the exact place where all was in balance. In other words just make gravity work for you. It's not exactly rocket science.