fineartphil

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 7890
After running an (initial fill) with internal cleaning solution and many many cleanings I am still missing the center of my Yellow channel. There also seems to be some overlap on the Yellow channel as well, I have uploaded a jpeg of my most recent nozzle check. I am going under the assumption my head needs to be replaced. I am confident some of you may have been down this road yourself. Any advice from techies that are knowledgeable than I will also be appreciated
image003.jpg

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@fineartphil, you could try using the paper towel soaked in Windex trick, just put it under the print head in the middle of the carriageway overnight...

I am surprised no Epson user replied with an answer...! :hu

fineartphil

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 7890
Have tried this 2 or 3 times with no improvement, perhaps I will give it a go again. One techs I spoke with thinks the head is breaking down as as the piezoelectric signals begin to diminish another suggested the culprit is a head strike which I know is not possible.

berttheghost

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 9500, pro-1
Have tried this 2 or 3 times with no improvement, perhaps I will give it a go again. One techs I spoke with thinks the head is breaking down as as the piezoelectric signals begin to diminish another suggested the culprit is a head strike which I know is not possible.

The best cleaning tool that you (hopefully) have is patience. As TheHat said, let it sit overnight. Repeat the treatment once daily for a week. Remember that it took months or even years to build up the clogs. It may take weeks to bust them.

As far as what the techs told you, if the head is breaking down, then why is only the yellow bad? The nozzle test pattern suggests (at least to me) that there is one or more internal clogs blocking ink to a group of nozzles. It doesn't look like (random) dead nozzles (at least to me).

fineartphil

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 7890
The best cleaning tool that you (hopefully) have is patience. As TheHat said, let it sit overnight. Repeat the treatment once daily for a week. Remember that it took months or even years to build up the clogs. It may take weeks to bust them.

As far as what the techs told you, if the head is breaking down, then why is only the yellow bad? The nozzle test pattern suggests (at least to me) that there is one or more internal clogs blocking ink to a group of nozzles. It doesn't look like (random) dead nozzles (at least to me).

Appreciate your input and I will give it a go for a month or two if necessary.