Ciss Help

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
issa2011 hi
this is best solution i think work very well no sound for tubes no any touch with printer.
give me your opinon??????
Congratulations Issa, you stick with it and sorted it out yourself, good on you.

I did say originally that a good installation is the key to making a CISS work properly
without any problems and you certainly achieved that.

Thank you for your update and Happy Printing.. :)

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I have currently an Epson Workforce 30 with a CISS and previously an Epson Artisan 50, and set up Workforce 610's at work. I think too that success is all in the install.

The one thing I do differently is instead of making the CISS tubes do all sorts of twists and turns I keep it as simple and direct as possible.

printerb.jpg

If you look those red boxes is actually areas I cut out of the printer with a dremel. You have to be careful and clean up the plastic dust though as you don't want it entering the gear train. Also if you look I also repositioned the hoses on the cartridges so it comes out toward the center of the printer. The hose route is very simple, directly on top of where they come out from the print carriage. I also cut out slots in the print carriage wherever they got in the way and bent the hoses. Basically you want as few bends in the hoses as possible and you don't want them rubbing on any part of the printer. On mine none of the printer plastic ever touches any of the hoses. The reason is the impacts from the hoses hitting and getting folded or pinched send pressure pulses down the line and can lead to flow problems, either starvation or flooding the printhead.

Also one thing to keep in mind is often CISS work better with a slight vacuum. The initial problem you had with smudged prints could be a positive pressure formed and you got ink siphoning out. If that happens the ink will splotch all over the place because ink is spread out over the print head and blocking the nozzles from spraying straight. To apply the slight vacuum you could place a half inch of plywood under the printer to raise it just a tad so a slight vacuum will form.

Tigerman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5640, iX6840
qwertydude can you load your pic here i cant see it
then the problem when i printing in fast mood(draft) what relation between speed and pressure?