Ciss Help

Tigerman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5640, iX6840
Hi all
i finishing installing ciss system in HP 7000 printer with 75% success, but i have some problems

*first i would note that this printer speed: 33ppm draft, 12ppm normal black color

when i printing in normal mode it work fine eveythings ok no any problems
but when i printing in draft its poor printing espcieally when i print in A3+ paper it come big white area and other solid ink areas (big dots)

here two pictures of my ciss
7297_photo-0043.jpg

7297_photo-0042.jpg

any one give me any suggestions is it printer HEAD or problem in speed (maybe adjust tubes need more fixing)???

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
issa2011
Hi all
i finishing installing ciss system in HP 7000 printer with 75% success, but i have some problems

*first i would note that this printer speed: 33ppm draft, 12ppm normal black color

when i printing in normal mode it work fine eveythings ok no any problems
but when i printing in draft its poor printing espcieally when i print in A3+ paper it come big white area and other solid ink areas (big dots)
When installing a CISS it is important to make sure that the tubing is anchored to your printer and it cant move during printing.
Looking at the picture of your installation the tubing is twisted and
is not secured very well and probably that why your prints are coming out wrong.

Try moving your clamp over to the back of your printer (See Pic) and secure it with some adhesive tape tightly
then check that the tubing has just enough slack in it for the print head
to travel from one side of your printer to the other without getting too tight.

5128_hp_7000.png

If youre going to print in draft mode I would suggest you leave the top lid open
so you can keep a good eye on the clip and make sure that if doesnt move at all..

Tigerman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5640, iX6840
thanks too much for your advice
but dear THE HAT you see its not T clamp then tubes will twisted, directions of tube will be hard.

gigigogu

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
issa2011

Haven't you got a T clamp in CISS set, to use it as The Hat said?

Regarding your problem as I understand you got white areas (not printed) and spots as if ink is dropping on paper. If so maybe the ink tanks are to high relative to printhead. Are the tanks placed at same level as printer base? Are the tanks filled correctly (the small compartment almost free of ink)? Try to lower a bit the tanks (or rise the printer) and see if it gets better.

Tigerman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5640, iX6840
OK dear all
i fix tubing moving, its now moving freely and no any problems the printerhead move so easy and freely, there is no T clamp in product.
here pic of new adjusting of tubes:
7297_photo-0045.jpg

just now my problem in printing in DRAFT mood, after i do headcleanning the A4 paper be good (80%)

here A4 paper before head cleaning:
7297_photo-0044.jpg

and this is after head cleaning:
7297_photo-0047.jpg

only my problem stay in A3+ here sample paper after head cleaning (before was more worst)
but i am printing in normal mode excellent no any problem in any paper size.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
issa2011
Your first picture of the CISS setup actually provides the answer to your problem.
The tubing run length is far too long and as the print head travels over to the left side of the carriageway it is either being
restricted by this tubing or interfered with and its movement is not smooth at all causing the irregular images on your paper.

Have a look at the picture below and move your tube holder (clamp) from the left side of your printer
and put it in the centre where I had suggested in the earlier picture.

5128_hp_7000_2.png

This will reduce the amount of tubing in the path of the moving print head.
When you refit the clamp to its new position try raising the clamp up higher say about 2.5cm
that will insure a better head clearance between the tubing and the top of your cartridges.

You will however have to keep the top lid open all of the time at least 10cm even when not printing.
I would be a bit concerned about the longevity of your printer while you continue to operate your printer in draft mode,
the speed of your print head coupled with the weight and drag of the CISS tubing may damage
the runner on which the print head moves, so I would suggest using draft mode as little as possible..

Tigerman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5640, iX6840
Thanks THE HAT but dear i cant put holder in middle BECAUSE i cant turn tubes as you think (i cant turn tubes at angle of 90 degree because its closed cant be turned).

so i ll keep tubes and holder in this position its move smoothly and freely no problems go and come easly.
look at pictute below:
7297_tubes.png

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
issa2011 said:
Thanks THE HAT but dear i cant put holder in middle BECAUSE i cant turn tubes as you think (i cant turn tubes at angle of 90 degree because its closed cant be turned).

so i ll keep tubes and holder in this position its move smoothly and freely no problems go and come easly.
look at pictute below:
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/uploads/7297_tubes.png
issa2011
Yes they can, the guy that sold it to you just pushed them in so they will pop out easily.
Have a good look at it again and youll see just where you can get the tubing out of the clamp.

If you break a little piece off of it so what just use some tape to reattach it again at the new angle.
You say the print head moves smoothly, I bet it does when moving slowly
but when you run it in draft mode its all over the place and the results are plain to see, not good at all.. :(

Tigerman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5640, iX6840
dear friend
i dont think so as you thinking this one plastic piece i cant pop out tubes from it and its not adhsive as you think, if i want change the dirction of tubes that need broken the holder and then fall down in big problem i'll lose both positioning cause i will not fit it again in holder because it will be broked.

thanks always for your replaying, hope you understood me well and dont keep your mind in one idea !:caf

you can look at this link so maybe you understood what i mean:
http://www.cityinkexpress.co.uk/blog/category/HP-Reviews.aspx

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
issa2011 said:
dear friend
i dont think so as you thinking this one plastic piece i cant pop out tubes from it and its not adhsive as you think, if i want change the dirction of tubes that need broken the holder and then fall down in big problem i'll lose both positioning cause i will not fit it again in holder because it will be broked.

thanks always for your replaying, hope you understood me well and dont keep your mind in one idea !:caf

you can look at this link so maybe you understood what i mean:
http://www.cityinkexpress.co.uk/blog/category/HP-Reviews.aspx
Ok lets try again, your set-up is not working properly for you thats for sure.
The set-up advice given to you from the cityexpress website looks fine but I think it needs some tweaking,
clearly you have followed their instructions and your set-up looks to be correct, but still it's not working for you.

I would not have suggested that solution to you if I didnt think it had a chance of working,
so back to square one again.

Could you not try and fix the tubing with adhesive tape to the inside front panel of your printer,
as that could be another option for you to explore.

5128_hp_7000_3.png

PsyckoSama Had his on the inside front panel of his printer just like I suggested for you to do.
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q99/PsyckoSama/HPIM0561.jpg
Also here in a video of an installation of a CISS with the clamp on the back of the printer as I showed you earlier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdAlN7xTC9g

Why dont you try one of these ideas because they cant be any worse that the current set-up that youre using at the moment..