Canon service tool v2000

Zapi4579

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA MG8150
The MG8150 is of the PGI-525/CLI-526 cartridge generation. This generation of printers can enter service mode and perform service mode operations with the use of one of the service tools. For newer printers you cannot enter service mode and perform servicemode operations, at least not AFAIK.

Take a look at this post by palombian. The MG8250 is similar to your MG8150 and also with sensor filelds. I think the instruction in that post is easily understandable. Canon instructions in service manuals are not always easily understandable and even worse they are nor always error free.

Maybe @palombian has some comments on entering service mode on a PGI-x25/CLI-x26 printer with sensor fields?

I totally agree with you Peter, it should work properly:he.
I looked once more palombian's post which is clear for me:clap.
And I can just suppose that's what my father did on his printer:caf.

Thanks Peter for your advice:thumbsup.

Zapi

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Take a look at this post by palombian. The MG8250 is similar to your MG8150 and also with sensor filelds.
What palombian wrote and what my link instructs to enter Service Mode appear quite different.

See my post below for comparison.

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I tried this procedure remotely (with my father by phone) few minutes ago and it did'nt work :(.
This type of procedure does not lend itself to remote instruction easily. People have misapplied the sequence, even some of us so-called experienced types, regardless of printer model. It is best you try it in person. Take care to continue to hold down the power/stop/resume/whatever button(while pressing other buttons) until the instructions say to release.

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Entering Service Mode

1) From the MG8120 Service Manual
3-3. Adjustment and Settings in Service Mode
(1) Service mode operation procedures
Use the Service Tool on the connected computer.
1) Start the machine in the service mode.
i. With the machine power turned off, press and hold the ON button. (DO NOT release the button.)
ii. When the Power LED lights, while holding the ON button, press the Stop button 5 times*1, and release the
ON button. (Each time the Stop button is pressed, the Alarm and Power LEDs light alternately.)
iii. When the Power LED lights, the machine is ready for the service mode operation.
*1: Without the scanner, press the Stop button 6 times.

2) From Palombian's post using his MG8250
With printer switched off, connected with USB cable to your Windows PC:

- push the on/off button and keep it down
- push on the place of the stop button on the touch screen: a red triangle light appears
- push 5 times on the place of the stop button: the red and blue lights blink alternatively
- release buttons, start the service tool and select Clear Ink Counter

3) From my post which specifically states is for the MG8150
For Canon MG8150 etc..:

1. Figure where the Resume-button is located (it is hidden behind a black touchscreen in the same lane and right of the Color-Button and above the yellow indicator light)
2. Turn the Power off, touch the Resume-Button and hold it
3. Press the Power-button still holding the Resume-button
4. Release the Resume-button and wait for 5 to 10 seconds, then touch the Resume-button 5 times
5. Release the Power-button
6. Now the MG8150 is in the Service-mode (No LED-Lights will light, it is just black)

Łukasz

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG6250 (MG5150 before)
With 5 or 6 push, the procedure ended with yellow led blinking 6 times.
Please make sure CD-Tray is closed before entering service mode.

By "cd-tray" I mean "Inner cover", sorry.
Example:
https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART111163&cat=5292B002&actp=LIST

G0085653.gif

Last edited:

Zapi4579

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA MG8150
Hi all,

I'm happy to inform you that my father successfully reset his Canon PIXMA MG8150 printer few minutes ago.:weee
I'm not sure what he did different from Sunday evening but maybe he just waited about 10s after the first push on Stop button and at the end of the procedure, only the ON led stayed ON. The printer switched in System mode;). The service tools v3400 application had stayed ON and the SET button worked properly. In fact, the printer had its yellow led permanently blinking. The service tools software stayed working with all button deactivated (grey style) for minutes and minutes.
My father stopped the printer and the service tools application. At printer startup, all was OK:ep.

My father:old and I :cool: thank you so much for your advice:clap, help and commitment:bow.
Long live this forum:celebrate.

Zapi

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Congratulations Zapi! :clap

Please tell us which procedure of the three instructions I mentioned in my post above that your father followed, unless it was something different. :idunno

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
My father stopped the service tools application and the printer. At printer startup, all was OK
My father:old and I :cool: thank you so much for your advice:clap, help and commitment:bow.
Long live this forum:celebrate.
Zapi
@Zapi4579, to put it very blunt, I reckon you’re a brave man letting your father do the necessities on his own printer alone, because that Service tool can be very destructive if not handled correctly, congratulations to you Dad is all I can say... :D well done...:woot

Zapi4579

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA MG8150
Congratulations Zapi! :clap

Please tell us which procedure of the three instructions I mentioned in my post above that your father followed, unless it was something different. :idunno
Hello stratman,
My father :old followed the third one.
The one dedicated to the MG8150 !!!
Zapi:frow

Zapi4579

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA MG8150
@Zapi4579, to put it very blunt, I reckon you’re a brave man letting your father do the necessities on his own printer alone, because that Service tool can be very destructive if not handled correctly, congratulations to you Dad is all I can say... :D well done...:woot

Dear The Hat,

There is no question of bravery, but only of distance which separates us - preventing me from doing it myself in a so short time - and of reciprocal confidence in order to succeed in the operation.

Now, clicking the "Set" button corresponding to the clear ink counter absorber is not brave. It is even much less dangerous than to follow the links of the :eek: Russian sites :somad mentioned in the posts and to download:barnie from their links.
Zapi:hide