Canon mg6250 error 5B00

francesco92

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon mg6250
HI,
I have a canon mg 6250. its ink tank is full so it has error 5B00.
For that reason i want to reset my printer, but the classical methods aren't good becuase they need button but my printer is all touch screen except the start button.
thanks for the help
P.S. Sorry for all, I'm italian

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Welcome to the forum.

With printer switched off, connected with USB cable to your Windows PC:

- push the on/off button and keep it down
- push on the place of the stop button on the touch screen: a red triangle light appears
- push 5 times on the place of the stop button: the red and blue lights blink alternatively
- release buttons, start the service tool and select Clear Ink Counter

Attached EEPROM print - done with service tool v3400 - from my MG8250, same as MG6250 but with CCD scanner.

In this printer the ink absorber is 15,8% full (D=015.8), in your case I suppose it should read (near to) 100.

By resetting the counter without replacing/cleaning the absorbers in the bottom of the printer you risk an ink inundation sooner or later.

Good luck and tell us if it works for the MG6250.

MG8250 EEPROM.jpg

Last edited:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The procedure for entering service mode on the newer Canon printers is often hard to find, so thank you very much for the instruction @palombian :thumbsup.

See this post for a download link for the service tool v3400. I just tested the link and it still works. AVG Internet Security found nothing wrong with the download.

francesco92

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon mg6250
Thanks
i try in this day.
do you try to clean really the ink tank? is it difficult?
Welcome to the forum.

- push on the place of the stop button on the touch screen: a red triangle light appears
- push 5 times on the place of the stop button: the red and blue lights blink alternatively

Attached EEPROM print - done with service tool v3400 - from my MG8250, same as MG6250 but with CCD scanner.

In this printer the ink absorber is 15,8% full (D=015.8), in your case I suppose it should read (near to) 100.

By resetting the counter without replacing/cleaning the absorbers in the bottom of the printer you risk an ink inundation sooner or later.

View attachment 3478

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Thanks
i try in this day.
do you try to clean really the ink tank? is it difficult?

Yes, it takes a lot of time.

There is certainly a margin, I would continue to print as is, and look out.

francesco92

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon mg6250
@palombian scuse me again,
I try to do everything do you explain me. But i have a lot of problem with the EEPROM. in few words I don't know use it. XD i try to understand, I push the "eeprom" button: the printer anser for 1 min and stop. why?
i try to clean only the ink tank with the program but nothing happens. I use the version 3600 and 1050 the only version that i can download from the russian web site that you say kindly to me.
thak you again for your time

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I don't have the service manual for the MG6250, but often error codes are common for different models of printers. There are two error codes regarding the ink absorbers. One is an operator call error 1700 "Warning the ink absorber is becoming full". You can press the Stop/Resume button/sensor field and resume printing to finish your document. The other is the service call error 5B00 "Ink absorber is full". The printer is now locked and the only possible operation is resetting the absorber counter from service mode using a service tool. You can't even do other operations from service mode.

I suggest to get service tool version 3400, as version 3600 is only partly translated from Chinese. I just downloaded it and it is clean. Get the service tool v3400 from this site, and see the instruction here before download.

After the printer has entered service mode, start the service tool and find "Clear ink counter" and make sure Absorber : Main is selected from the drop down menu. Then click "Set". When the operation has finished a paper with D=00.0 printed in a corner might be ejected, confirming the absorber counter has been resat. If the printer ejects no paper you can now click the "EEPROM" button and get the EEPROM printout. Look for D=00.0.

See this:

Absorber reset..jpg

I hope this helps.

FAUSTOCG

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
CANON PIXMA MG7520
Welcome to the forum.

View attachment 3478

Hi do you know how to get CANON PIXMA MG7720 into service mode and what version software to use to reset ink absorber? mine has given me error 5B00

best regards

Latest posts