Those Epson printers I was mentioning were the first models to feature photo cyan and magenta inks in addition to the 4 regular CMYK colors. Sure, those extra inks improved smoothness and gradation of the lighter tones but, as I said, they were a clogging nightmare with OEM inks, because I never used third party on Epsons.
You had to check all the time for blank lines in the text or banding in pictures, stop printing if so, clean, start again and keep checking every sheet of paper. They were slow and mechanically troublesome as well. Double-feed was the second family name of the Clogson sisters.
I think the first one was the Stylus Photo and the other possibly Stylus Photo 750 or something like that. The second model was purchased with the vain hope that they had improved the reliability and performance of the first one,
After that annoying experience I went back to good old Canon and I swore Scarlett style : ‘God is my witness ..etc.. etc... that I’ll never buy another Epson printer again’. And so I’ve done.
Of course I’m sure that not all Epsons are like mine or they wouldn’t be manufacturing inkjet printers anymore,