Canon Pro9000 error problem

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
foxx333

As I said earlier you keep getting different error codes but they all seem to be correct.

I am just wondering if something is just loose, or maybe the previous
owner dropped the printer somehow while moving it.

The code 6502 usually means a cartridge error so are you sure that all of your cartridges are ok
please check them again on your computer screen. (no error reported)

Now you could try this procedure and see if it works for you.

Please read and follow this procedure carefully.

(1) With the printer off press and hold the power button.

(2) While still holding the power button press the resume button twice.

(3) Release the power button, now this may work without any further intervention.

There is another procedure that may also help but only use it if the above one doesnt work for you.

(1) Follow the same steps 1 and 2 above only and then add these extra ones below.

(2) When the green light is on continue holding this button in dont let go.

(3) Now let the resume button go then press the resume button twice.

(3) Let the power button go, then press the resume button four times.

(4) Now wait till the printer is inactive, if the power is off then turn on the printer normally.

(5) If the printer will not respond to the power button then pull the power plug and wait about 20 seconds,
put back in the power plug and turn on the printer.

Hopefully one of these procedures will work for you and the printer will work normally again.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Try this:

Error Code 6502 on Canon printer

Error Code 6502 appears generally after changing a cartridge.

Solution 1:

Unplug the printer.
Remove the faulty Cartridge
Plug in the printer and press and hold power button
Keep it held down. Press Resume twice, and this should reset the fault.
Solution 2:

The last cartridge installed may be faulty.
Install a new cartridge

Solution 3:

When error is indicated, turn power switch off so green light is extinguished.
Hold down resume button and hold down power button so both are held down at same time
When green light comes on, continue holding down power button and let resume button go, then press resume button twice.
Let power button go.
Press resume button four times, power button should be released before doing this.
Wait until printer settles down, if power is off, turn on. If power will not come on, remove power cord from back of printer, then wait 15 seconds before plugging back in again and turn power on.

foxx333

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I've tried to reset it holding the power button and resume buttons down but it didn't work. I've check the ink cartridges four or five times and they are all canon and brand new. I can't check on the computer screen I'm told the printer is busy. Have got all the lights lite up on ink cartridges but when I close the lid has it goes through system checks before it's ready to print I got the one orange one green flashing light. I don't think it was dropped I know the person I got it from and she would have told me about that. It kind of sounds like a short or it's getting mix signals. When it goes through checking all the cartridges they all lite up but then the photo cyan isn't lite when the cradle stops with the lid open. I got the service manual and can't seem to get it in to service mode. I've tried and a friend of mine has also. oh and all the cartridges are new and were put in at the same time

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
foxx333 wrote:
..I got the service manual and can't seem to get it in to service mode...
There is an error regarding service mode operations in some Canon service manuals. The affected manuals seem to be the manuals for the PGI-5/CLI-8 generation of printers. I don't know if your manual is also affected. See this for an explanation: http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7171 .

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
foxx333 said:
I've tried to reset it holding the power button and resume buttons down but it didn't work. I've check the ink cartridges four or five times and they are all canon and brand new. I can't check on the computer screen I'm told the printer is busy. Have got all the lights lite up on ink cartridges but when I close the lid has it goes through system checks before it's ready to print I got the one orange one green flashing light. I don't think it was dropped I know the person I got it from and she would have told me about that. It kind of sounds like a short or it's getting mix signals. When it goes through checking all the cartridges they all lite up but then the photo cyan isn't lite when the cradle stops with the lid open. I got the service manual and can't seem to get it in to service mode. I've tried and a friend of mine has also. oh and all the cartridges are new and were put in at the same time
Its possible that the chip on the photo cyan is faulty and that can give you the 6502 error.

Can you beg borrow or steal a photo cyan cartridge from somewhere, can you use the old one that was in the printer when you got it
or even exchange the cartridge for a new one where you bought it..

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I think it is also possible the contact springs in the printhead carriage for the photo cyan chip are dirty or have come out of alignment. If so the cartridge will not be recognized.

foxx333

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
they are not dirty have been cleaned twice but how can you tell if they are out of aline?? How would you fix it? last night it wasn't the photo cyan cartridge that wouldn't lite up it was the magenta it's like it has a mind of it's own and likes to play tricks on me.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Now you are getting random errors. There is something else going on here that may not be ecconomically worth the effort. To be honest, I would have thrown that sucker out of my top story window by now. Believe me I have!

Maybe it's time to shop for a new one on craigs list. they are everywhere for cheap.

foxx333

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
yeah I figure it's the logic board or it's one hell of a short but either way I've already started looking for another one I'll pull the print head and ink out of this one and use it for parts or maybe just junk it since I don't know for sure what's wrong with it I'm not sure I want to use any parts off of it.
Thanks everyone for all your help! I've learned a lot
Susan

FussyBob

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Susan, do you live in the US?

If so, you usually can find a lot of the PRO9000 MK II printers new in the box on CraigsList for $120-150 with a complete set of new Canon Cartridges.

These are being sold by people using a very sweet Canon rebate deal ($500-700) for a Canon DSLR and Printer purchase where the owners don't need the printers.

Bob P.