Canon Pro9000 error problem

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
foxx333 said:
I tried holding the button in and it didn't work. could you tell me what the error is called for the one green flash one orange flash??
I can't seem to find it any where
So now you have another error after holding in the amber resume button for 5 seconds.
One green one amber means that a printer problem has occurred.

The recommend way of clearing this problem is to power off the printer again
and unplug the power lead from the power supply for a few minutes. (keep the print head in this time)

Plug the printer back in and turn the printer back on and hopefully the error will have cleared.

But if you still have the same error one green/amber flashing then you will have to
contact a Canon service centre as its possible that the logic board may be defective.

I was hoping that your printer would have reset itself after having no print head
installed in it and would then work normally for you.

foxx333

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ok well I guess that answered my problem since it doesn't seem to matter what I do I still get the one green one orange flashing light error should I just get rid of the printer sounds like it might not be worth fixing.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
foxx333 said:
ok well I guess that answered my problem since it doesn't seem to matter what I do I still get the one green one orange flashing light error should I just get rid of the printer sounds like it might not be worth fixing.
You could keep it for spare parts (cartridges and print head) and try pick up another one on Craigs list very reasonable. :woot
Last resort seeing as its throwing up so many errors would be to give it a thump with your fist and see if that would revive it or finish it off.. :he
Just maybe some else on the forum can come up with a survival kit to save it just yet..

foxx333

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
it goes through all the system checks when you start it and the only errors I've gotten are the 4 orange flashing lights at first and when I put the new ink in it that changed to the one orange one green then when I took the print head out it went back to the four orange put it back in back to the one green one orange so to me it sounds like it should be something simple but I've been wrong before I will keep you posted if I figure anything out thanks so much for all your help and time wish me luck
Susan

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
First, I don't know what Orange only blinking 4 times means.

Second, alternately blinking Orange and Green lights will cycle X number of times before there is a disruption of some sort in the pattern. The number of paired alternating blinking Orange and Green lights denotes the problem. Orange/Green equals one cycle, Orange/Green/Orange/Green is 2 cycles, and so on possible up to and more than 20 cycle patterns. You should let the lights blink for a minute or two to determine if there is a pattern or cycle to the blinking Orange and Green lights. Do not do anything else with the printer while you are trying to confirm the pattern.

If the pattern of Orange and Green blinking lights is Continuous Alternate Blinking, meaning no cycles of 2 or more repetitions of alternating blinking followed by a disruption to the pattern, then your Logic Assay Board's ROM is the problem and you will need a new Logic Assay Board. There should also be Error Code 6100 shown on your monitor or on the LCD of the printer. However, this information comes from a Canon MP800 printer Service Manual, and might not match up properly with your specific printer, so maybe someone here with a Canon Pro9000 Service Manual can look it up and verify.

If the cyclic pattern of Orange and Green blinking lights is different then report that here for further information.

foxx333

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
no it only blinks one orange one green I'm looking for a schematic on this printer got any ideas where I might download one??
Thanks
susan

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Maybe a forum member who has this printer would be able to provide what you want. Trigger 37 may be able to help you out. He was selling or giving away manuals and How-To instructions.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
foxx333 said:
no it only blinks one orange one green I'm looking for a schematic on this printer got any ideas where I might download one??
Thanks
susan
Is it possible for you to check with the previous owner as to what might have happened to this printer
that could shine some light on the problem for you?

If it is the logic board then it would be far cheaper to get another printer
rather than pay out a kings ransom to repair this one.:(

foxx333

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I can't get in touch with her as she is out of the country for 30 days but I can tell you we worked on it last night and a couple of times I really thought it was going to work it even picked up paper and ran it through and the error lights went off and all the ink cartridges all lite up the last error code I got was 6502?? not sure what that it. The cable inside looks good all the prongs look good and it runs through all the start up test and can tell when something is changed and will change the error code for what ever is wrong like no print head or a ink cartridge not in. It acts like it's not getting the signals right. For some reason I think it might be in the carriage the print head rides in but that's just a guess. Who knows it just might be a boat anchor.
Susan