Canon Pro9000 error problem

foxx333

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Canon Pro9000 and have cleaned the print head by soaking it for a couple of days to get dried up ink cleaned out I put it back in printer and put all new canon ink tanks in it and all light up but the cyan photo how can I fix that. The printer has the orange and green lights flashing back and forth. I've tried with 2 different print heads and get the same thing with both. I've tried some of the old tanks in that slot to see if I can get anything to light up but so far nothing. What could cause that??
Thanks
Susan

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi Susan
Unfortunately you didnt give us enough information to make a good judgement on your problem yet.

So why do you clean the print head was there another problem before your current one
and did you remember to let the print head dry completely before reinstalling it.

After you installed all of your cartridges you have 8 red led lights
but now the resume button is flashing orange & green is that right so far.

Try turning on your printer and count the light sequences, how many orange then green,
or are they continues orange / green nonstop.

With more additional information of your problem hopefully we can fix it for you and get you back printing again..:)

foxx333

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
in answer to your questions I get lights for all the ink tanks but 1 the photo cyan I checked the ink tank for that slot and it's good in other slots it will light up so I know it's not the ink tank at fault. the flashing lights are 1 green 1 orange 1 green 1 orange 18 times then a green then 18 of the green orange I noticed also that the lights for the ink tanks seem dim but the yellow and magenta they both are bright red. I played with it a little after my post and it looks like it's got to be something either in the cradle or the white flat cable I think. I finally got all the ink tank lights to lite up but they wouldn't stay that way when I shut the cover. Yes I dried out the print head for 2 days before I used it. I cleaned it because it had dried ink in it. This printer was given to me used.
Susan

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
foxx333

First off has this printer ever turned on without any of the lights flashing after you got it
or has it displayed any error codes at all?

When you close the lid all of the Led lights will go out that is normal,
can you tell me what you mean when you say that the photo cyan is good in other slots
I dont understand that one.

Can you try removing the cartridges the print head and USB cable then turning off the printer for 5 minutes
then plugging it back into your computer and powering the printer on see what errors you get,
while leaving the lid closed and the print head out of the printer..

foxx333

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
when I first got it the l before the new ink tanks got here it was flashing 4 orange then one green then after I put the new ink tanks in it the error code was the one orange one green. I tried the photo cyan in another slot and it lite up but it won't light up in the slot it should be in.
will try taking the print head out and unplug it like you told me to do and let you know what it does.
Thank you for taking the time to help me I'm sorry if I didn't know what might be needed in the way of information.
Susan

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
foxx333

The error code for 4 amber lights is one or more cartridges not installed properly
and continuous amber flashing means a cartridge is out of ink.

Now you said that you installed 8 new Canon cartridges into the printer after
cleaning the print head but the photo cyan didnt install properly.

Then another way you can try is to install the print head and cartridges and when you get the amber flashing light
just hold that button in for five or six seconds and see if it stops flashing for you.

If it works then I would recommend you only print a nozzle check first
just to see if all of the inks are present before you do any serious printing.

foxx333

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ok I'll try that but the 4 flash code quit when I put the new cartridges in it that's when it went to the one green one orange code

foxx333

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
the 4 flash code quit when I put the new cartridges in it that's when it went to the one green one orange code
I just took the print head out and unplugged it for five minutes and plugged it back in and started it up without the print head and got a error code of one green flash and then five orange flashes and then one green.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
foxx333

The error code you got was correct so now follow the procedure I mentioned in the above thread..

Then another way you can try is to install the print head and cartridges and when you get the amber flashing light
just hold that button in for five or six seconds and see if it stops flashing for you.

If it works then I would recommend you only print a nozzle check first
just to see if all of the inks are present before you do any serious printing

foxx333

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I tried holding the button in and it didn't work. could you tell me what the error is called for the one green flash one orange flash?? I can't seem to find it any where