Canon PRO-100 or PRO-100s Waste Ink Pads full?

Andrey.

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pro100s
Ok, but he posted printsceen with the error, you say that he fount the error on google and posted just to make advertise for the service tool? Some say that if you use other versions of service tool before, witch I did, you block the service mode for the printer, and even v 5204 won't work. I still can't figure if I did put the printer in service mode or not , does someone know the preocedure for canon pro 100s ?

Hector Vilches

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
R2000, 3880, PRO-100, PRO-10
I'd also like to report that Service Tool v5204 DOES reset absorber counter on a PRO-10. Getting into Service Mode is tricky, but once you read the instructions carefully, it is easy. With the printer turned off, press and hold the Stop/Reset button on the printer and then press and hold the Power button. Do NOT release the power button. Now release the Stop/Reset button and then press it five times. THEN release the Power Button. Took under five minutes to do the whole thing.

I took the covers off a dead PRO-100 to learn how to take apart the PRO-10. Once you know how to do it, it is also not difficult. Based on what I am seeing, it may be much easier to add a potty instead of trying to replace the pads.

Hector Vilches

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
R2000, 3880, PRO-100, PRO-10
What am I missing? This is a PRO-100 with the covers removed, and insanely easy access to the purge tube manifold. Only needed a spudger to get here, no screws. I expected a nightmare of a disassembly and it isn't, which is making me question my findings. These two clear hoses are coming from the cleaning station. What am I missing?

Attachments

• IMG_6617.jpg
    IMG_6617.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_6619.jpg
    IMG_6619.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_6618.jpg
    IMG_6618.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 208

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"

Richie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pro-100
I’m sorry @Artur5, but I reckon Richie’s claims are still very dubious for me to give then any creditably, and EBay seller will also make erroneous claims for money.

To claim this Service tool also works on other Pro printers sends out a red flag to me, why ? because I know for fact (100%), that the Pro 1 cannot be reset by an owner with 5204 Service Tool…
Sorry I haven't been checking this. I know this is 2 years old, but my claims were definitely not dubious. I'm actually back at this post because I was trying to figure out what the tool was called, my hard drive crashed in late 2020 and I lost it. Now another one of my printers is giving me the message and I need to find the tool again.

Richie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pro-100
Unfortunately the service tool 5204 did not worked , it's either I don't know how to put the printer in service mode, or I've blocked the service mode with the other versions of service tool, I still get error 006. If was wondering if Richie used other versions of service tool before tried with 5204 and how did he put the printer in service mode, maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Unfortunately I'm from Europe, and the printer is $75 and the shipping cost $150 or more :(
I've bought a new one and I outsourced waste ink with a hose in a bottle, but I still hope I can fix the old one.
This was the only version I tried. It was also for the pro-100 not the pro-100S, not sure if that makes a difference

Stormlight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-100, 3800/80, R2400, 7880
Just a heads up, I bought Service Tool Version 6.000. I get into service mode and it read my SN number but all buttons give me Error 6. Save your self money!

Edit: I want to let you guys know that in order to get into service mode. You have to hit the stop/reset button 4 times: it is not 5 times! I am using firmware 2.031. I am unsure on firmware on 2.01. I have to dust off my spare unit.

For MG series is 6 times.
For other series, it is 5 times.

Here is a good reference from 2manuals. Pro series is still not on the list!
https://www.2manuals.com/product_info.php?cPath=99&products_id=2037

Attachments

• Connected Correct SN but button do not work.PNG
    Connected Correct SN but button do not work.PNG
    163.1 KB · Views: 49
  • ServiceTool Connected but Error 6 on all buttons.PNG
    ServiceTool Connected but Error 6 on all buttons.PNG
    165.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Just a heads up, I bought Service Tool Version 6.000. I get into service mode and it read my SN number but all buttons give me Error 6. Save your self money!
I could be wrong on this as I'm not fully versed on the service tools for Canon but that 006 error seems to indicate that the printer wasn't in service mode. Hard to be sure but from checking a few videos the printer should show up as something generic like "Device" in the Settings > Devices list.