stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Smile said:
stratman said:
Where did you get your data that the CLI-8 cartridges hold 13.6 ml?
Google :) could you point me to a link where it is said 13ml? I also look for BCI-6 exact capacity.

Thanks
Sure. Since we're being specific, www.canon.com. :p

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Well you could just point me to a tech paper or page, canon.com is a huge site and regional.

I hope you appreciate my efforts to keep the thread updated.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
In your own words:

"Post the exact link to a website or tech paper or page. Thank you."

I asked you for that courtesy and you gave a flippant answer. You pronounced the enormity of Canon's website while trumping that with your planetary Google reply.

C'mon Smile.

I found on Google a reference to 13.6 ml CLI-8 capacity from an aftermarket refiller with proprietary cartridges, not OEM cartridges as your thread is supposed to be about. (http://www.inkjetsoutlet.com/canon-cli-8.htm)

You are setting out to do something good, collating OEM cartridge capacities, but your execution is suspect.

Show your proof.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Well I tried to search for CLI-8 13ml on canon.co.uk and at canon.com I can't find anything. Tried to do the same with google: 13ml "CLI 8" site:http://www.canon.co.uk and the result is the same.

I said I got my capacities from google and not from canon, if more sites is telling me that it's 13.6ml I'll just use it instead of 13ml. This is only if I can’t locate official capacity from manufacturer in this case Canon.

I ask everyone for help to find the correct capacity; I’m not going to do any lab tests trying to measure or verify them.

So I hope everyone benefits from this thread and helps to make it more precise in terms of ink capacity :)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Smile:

What you can do is document where you got the 13.6 ml value for CLI-8 OEM cartridges. You still have not done that.

To the best of my recollection, this forum has not utilized 13.6 ml as the capacity. It has been 13 ml on this forum when discussing OEM cartridges.

You are being evasive here. Show your proof. That's all I asked. Prove it and I'll support your thread. Until then, your data is suspect.

You've been challenged on your data. Follow your own guideline and post a link(s) to verify your statement. This is part of the scientific process.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I do not need to prove anything to anyone, learn to read. In my first post I write "Found using google, if you know these are..."
If you believe this is incorrect please point me to right direction by including direct links to a resource. Posting "Sure. Since we're being specific, www.canon.com." is not helpful.

brendo1988

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
woah give the poor Smile a break hey

He is only trying to contribute to the forum. wow I wonder why so many people get annoyed and leave forums when jokers like you put them down for their efforts.

Maybe try and help find some info to build on the topic instead of putting people down? Just a thought.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
brendo1988 is right Give him a break. We love that Smile dont we..

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
For those of us who refill our carts, 0.6 ml or roughly 5% difference is of no consequence with a 13 ml capacity, plus or minus. Actually, refilling when the reservoir is just empty takes less than 13 ml as there is ink remaining in the sponge. I've never calculated the actual usable volume of ink in the bci-6 carts (which I am still fortunate to be using!) but it hardly matters for a refiller. As long as you have a refilled spare on hand, a difference of a few ml doesn't matter as it only takes a few seconds to replace a cart.

Everyone who posted on this thread is certainly trying to be accurate, but the tiny difference isn't worth an argument. Even with those who buy OEM carts, the variation in output for the same ink volume is more critical than the last 5% of ink. Consider that doing borderless prints involves wasting ink that is applied beyond the edge of the paper. Different habits regarding leaving the printer on or off affects the pages of output per cart. Each time a cart registers low or empty and is changed triggers a cleaning cycle, so changing or refilling more than one cart when one registers low or empty will trigger less numbers of cleaning cycles and waste less ink.

I'm sure that several contributors would be able to point out even more variables that make the argument about 0.6ml moot. Anyone who has studied statistical analysis will recognize the fact that a variance may be identifiable but not statistically significant. Due to the many variables, I believe that this discussion falls into this catagory. Any statisticians out there wish to refute my premise? I'd be delighted to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.