Canon MP780 question

avolanche

Print Addict
Reaction score
Inkin said:
I don't have the exact price but its more than your printer is.
If you want a new printhead, you have to phone Canon for one.
Or you can buy the same printer(new or used) and use one of the printers for parts.

If you use only for black printing, you should buy a HP printer that uses only two cartridges.
Don't refill the color if you don't use it. Now you can just take care of your black cartridge.

Because the printhead is on the cartridge, so that if the printhead goes bad you just need to buy a new cartridge.

Hope this helps.
Malarkey.I bought a printhead on Ebay for $45 for my MP780.It's a fine printer and well worth a head.

Inkin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
avolanche said:
Malarkey.I bought a printhead on Ebay for $45 for my MP780.It's a fine printer and well worth a head.
Malarkey???
Sorry, I didn't think of Ebay, but my suggestions are not nonsense.

Ps. Ebay was a good suggestion.

avolanche

Print Addict
Reaction score
Inkin said:
I don't have the exact price but its more than your printer is.
If you want a new printhead, you have to phone Canon for one.

Hope this helps.
This is why I said "malarkey".As you see above in YOUR quote,you said "you have to call Canon for one" and that is patently untrue As is the price being more than the printer(which sold for $300).

You might consider that this forum is a very civil,polite place with members that help one another without making outrageous statements.JMO.

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score

Romakpect

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
thanks for the advices again!

Inkin what HP printer would you sugges for printing large quatities of white/black sheets? One that would last long.

Romakpect

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Just figured i'd let you guys know that i've decided to get a new PH for my mp780 and when it arived today stuff printed like new :)

avolanche

Print Addict
Reaction score
If you don't already know ,try to print a page EVERY week to prevent PH clogging and susequent failure.It wastes a little ink,but saves PHs.

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
avolanche said:
If you don't already know ,try to print a page EVERY week to prevent PH clogging and susequent failure.It wastes a little ink,but saves PHs.
Yup, and if your printer uses pigment based black ink for text, print a text only document to exercise this portion of the printhead as well.
Now, if I could only practice what I preach...:p

Romakpect

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
:) thats one thing i dont have to worry about.. i print like 1000 sheets a week at the very least.