Canon MP780 question

Romakpect

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
hey guys.

I've had this pixma mp780 for few years and its been printing fine exept for past few weeks..

basicly everything seems ok exept for the part that it skips lines when i print.

I've taken a head apart and cleaned it very good...

I'll post some pictures of whats going on later on.. but for now maybe you can suggest something.

Thanks.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Are you talking about skipping lines when printing text on plain paper?

Does it show a problem when you do a nozzle check?

Romakpect

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
when i print a page with data on it, it has white horizontal lines on it every inch or so.. lines are about 2-3mm wide.

on nozzle check 3eBk and other's are ok.. exept for 6BK i've tried 2 different cartriges and no luck.

on auto head alighnment it prints out a blank page and sais failed.

on manual head ali. it show all A-L exept for F... also B is like a toothbrush and H has a line though it.

Steps i took: Tookout head. Dissasembled it(took out 2 screws) washed everything in hot water, then hot water with dishwasher soap(helped most) then windex, after with hot water again. Than i blew everything dry with compressed air.

basicly head looked brand new.. but still no luck :( i am thinking maybe it's the problem with the roller?

I've had the printer for a year or 2 and has printed out like 10,000+ sheets.

Also i am not a guru at this stuff, so maybe you guys can suggest a good printer to print mass amounts of black/white sheets. a printer that i can refill like i did this one with ink from ebay.

I also have canon mp510, but for some reason when i fill it with ebay ink it does not recognize it.. and cartriges have some kind of chip on them.

Thanks alot for your time!

Romakpect

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
lol quick update.

disasembled the head again cleaned it so nice that with a magnifying glass i couldn't see nothing. put everything back together and... now it doesnt print nothing but blank pages lol.

i need a suggestion on what printer to buy that doesnt use chips. pref canon. and what kind of refill ink for it?

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
I think Romakpect's problem is more serious than a printhead considering that his nozzle check comes out OK (except for the dye black) but he is getting white lines every inch.

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Romakpect:

I think with your last attempt at cleaning your print head you either shorted it out or the electronics in the printer.
The only way to tell what is wrong with the printer is to get a new print head and see if it solves your problem. If you still get blank pages with a new print head the electronics in the printer are bad. You could also have it repaired by Canon or buy a new printer.

avolanche

Print Addict
Reaction score
panos said:
I think Romakpect's problem is more serious than a printhead considering that his nozzle check comes out OK (except for the dye black) but he is getting white lines every inch.
Could easily be an electrical problem in the printhead.

Romakpect

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
How much do printheads usualy go for? and does anyone have a site?

Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Inkin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I don't have the exact price but its more than your printer is.
If you want a new printhead, you have to phone Canon for one.
Or you can buy the same printer(new or used) and use one of the printers for parts.

If you use only for black printing, you should buy a HP printer that uses only two cartridges.
Don't refill the color if you don't use it. Now you can just take care of your black cartridge.

Because the printhead is on the cartridge, so that if the printhead goes bad you just need to buy a new cartridge.

Hope this helps.