Canon Chip Resetter Reports

fish

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Check alotofthings for $19.95 + shipping.

gotloveforall

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
What is the difference between the RKS Home and Office(OM) version of resetter? Other than the $25 price difference?
The OM looks more sturdy and better built to me, so why is it cheaper?

Just put an order through RKS site for the OM is why I am asking. :|

So far I only see that the HOME comes with a 2-year warranty and the OM comes with only 1-year...

fish

Printer Guru
Reaction score
jflan,
Don't know yet. They are out of stock and should ship on the 8th. Photo at their site shows a red resetter.

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
fish said:
jflan,
Don't know yet. They are out of stock and should ship on the 8th. Photo at their site shows a red resetter.
OK, thanks.
I didn't see Sudhaus packaging, just a red (in color) resetter.
Please let us know what you actually receive.

FWIW, I ordered and received a Sudhaus REdSETTER from Hebron for about $26US shipped.
USPS was very late in making the delivery, Hebron took ownership of the problem and helped me track down my parcel.
Excellent cutomer service from Hebron.

NickC

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
dougsewell,

> You can get a CL1-8 and PG1-5 resetter from WWW.tonerplusuk.co.uk

Have now received a reply from these people and unfortunately their resetter in _NOT_ mains powered.

Nick

Bithead

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I know of two resetters purchased from alotofthings.com that were DOA. Seems that the battery is dead.

Poorly designed unit has the activation button on the left side which makes contact with the cardboard box and drains the battery.

Box is 1 5/8 inches wide by 3 5/8 inches long and 1 7/8 inches deep, a tight fit

Resetter looks like the Sudhaus resetter but is black with the activation button on the side.

I'll try to get some pictures uploaded later in the week.

fish

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I also received my black resetter from Alotofthings and it was also DOA. I called them and was to get a call back, but none so far - need to call again.

Xalky

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
gotloveforall said:
What is the difference between the RKS Home and Office(OM) version of resetter? Other than the $25 price difference?
The OM looks more sturdy and better built to me, so why is it cheaper?

Just put an order through RKS site for the OM is why I am asking. :|

So far I only see that the HOME comes with a 2-year warranty and the OM comes with only 1-year...
I just ordered the blue OM model from ebay, about $27 w/ship. It looks the same as the RKS home version. I'll let you guys know how it works. Bought it from Michele (mapsy)on ebay. I hope it resets the green/ red cartridges from my pro9000.

Zap

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Interesting Note on resetter Operation

I have the RKS Red resetter and have used it for some many months now. It has worked well with every use.

However I just ran into something that had not happened to me with it before. I went to reset a batch of ink cartages and the first one a PGI-5BK, when inserted into the resetter gave the first short blink, then did not give the longer stay on light. I thought that was strange, and inserted it again and it did not even give me the first short blink of the light again. Every time I reinserted it, there was no light flash at all. I then tried to reset several CLI-8 cartages and had the same result. The first short blink of light, then never getting the second long light. Each reinsert of the same cartage gave no light at all.

I thought that the battery may have reached the end of its life and that I would have to replace the battery.

I refilled this batch of cartages and inserted them into my IP4200 printer intending to use them regardless of their chip being reset to showing full, but the printer showed they were full.

I later went to refill another set of cartages and this time they all worked in the resetter as normal. First the short flash of the light at the moment of insertion, and later the light would come on and stay on till the cartage was removed from the resetter.

I can only Guess, but it looks like the resetter will not reset an already full cartage. And I can only guess as to why it would only give the first short blink with some of the cartages, and not the longer light indicating the reset.

If anyone else has run into this before or has experimented with this, perhaps you can give an explanation.

Jack