Canon Chip Resetter Reports

pebe

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Did you change the battery? It's just the sort of intermittent result you would get with a battery at the end of its useful life.

duncan22

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
My head is buzzing after reading through this very interesting topic on Canon Chip Resetters so I have just placed an order for one from Germany.
I guess somewhere amongst these posts the following questions have been answered but would be grateful if someone could advise on the following.
Have just refilled the PGI-5BK on my canon 610 following the message that ink was down to 40% the message no longer appears but the ink tank display on the printer shows it as low. If I use the resetter on this cartridge (when it arrives) it will no doubt reset the printer display but will it reset it to full or to the true level of ink in the cartridge ?
Another way of asking the same question is what happens if you reset an empty cartridge and replace it in the printer ? Will it still show as empty or full ?
Sorry if these questions seem simplistic but I am in a steep learning curve here.

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
duncan22 said:
Another way of asking the same question is what happens if you reset an empty cartridge and replace it in the printer ? Will it still show as empty or full ?
Sorry if these questions seem simplistic but I am in a steep learning curve here.
It will show as full , but this is not good practice , it will burn the head in the absence of an ink flow to the jet mechanism .

Zap

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
pebe said:
Did you change the battery? It's just the sort of intermittent result you would get with a battery at the end of its useful life.
Thank you friend, I believe that you are most likely correct. I will pick up another battery for it as soon as I get back into town.

Since I posted above, my resetter started working as it should, even to resetting an already full cartage.

Jack

duncan22

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Sudhaus chip redsetter arrived today and appears to be working fine. Cost from Germany to UK was 33.80 euros. Seems expensive but considering what I hope it will save me over the years it should work out cheap !
Previous posts have given detailed information on how to replace the battery so will certainly be doing that modification once the battery stops working.

petrocelli

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Purchased a Canon chip restter from this company in the UK.

http://printercartridges.net/printe...search_in_description=1&keyword=chip+resetter

Ordered on Sunday night delivered Tues AM.It is one of the so called blue ones but has no manufacturers name on packaging or device.There are two screws on the bottom which allows you to remove the bottom plate which reveals a small circuit board with a standard Sony 2032 button battery mounted in the middle of said board - easily replaced.the construction of the device looks the same as all the others and it resets PGI-5 or the CLI-8 carts.I have only tried it on Canon originals and it works fine.Going by the instruction leaflet (grammar) Iwould hazard a guess its made in China but aren't they all? The price was 19.79 delivered to UK.I noticed to-day on the sites home page there is a 2 discount code on orders over 15.
I will try and get a non canon cart to see if it works on same.Cheers

MikeR

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Any news on using the bluesetter on non-canon carts? From what I have read the red one seemed to work most of the time.

Also, any advice on a reliable vendor for either one would be appreciated.

Thanks.

petrocelli

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
MikeR said:
Any news on using the bluesetter on non-canon carts? From what I have read the red one seemed to work most of the time.

Also, any advice on a reliable vendor for either one would be appreciated.
MikeR haven't managed to get hold of an non Canon cart yet,but I think it is a bit of a lottery which non Canons these resetters work with.The device I posted about is made in China and the Model No is LKD-ECN58.It certainly works OK on Canon originals and the battery is replaceable.
I am in the UK so I don't know about vendors in the US.Sorry!

tony uk

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
i work for a well known and large refill company called C-rtrid- W----d we give the redsetter to all our stores in the UK they work, buy the mains powered one as it last a much longer time