Canon Chip Resetter Reports

avolanche

Print Addict
Reaction score
I would do the refills.The German method is so easy and fast,safe,etc.that to me it can't be beat.That,combined with a resetter would easily be my choice.Too many variables with a CSS.

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I totally agree with Avolanche - refilling is the way to go unless you are doing a great amount of printing. CD/DVD labels don't take that much ink per print. You can refill for about a buck or two per cartridge. Refilling via the German method or the top fill method using squeeze bottles (the method I use) is rather easy and not messy at all. Getting the resetter would also be a good idea - mine should be here in the mail today.

Steve W.

IGExpandingPanda

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
mapsy said:
I am running a sale on my website at $57 + shipping, so I will always offer forum members the best price I can afford.
Redsetters float about $30 shipped. I only presume they are the real deal.

mapsy said:
so they do not offer the 2 year warranty that RKS has. We of course do offer it.
Well, the 2 year warranty is rather cool, but 1/2 the price is hard to resist. Granted I don't know if it's a genuine Sudhaus product, but I don't know if RKS owns the copyright to the software either.

mapsy said:
1) The new blue resetter has four screws in the bottom plate so you can remove it and replace the battery when necessary.
I have to admit, that's kind of cool, not worth 100%, but kind of cool. I'm not sure why they went with 4 button cells rather than one lithium battery.

Presuming 1000 resets per battery though, it's a moot point. For your average end user, even if they only get 100 resets per battery, that's 20 5 tank changes. That's pretty close to the lifetime of a printer.

They get points for using screws though.

mapsy said:
2) They found that some of the old red resetter circuit boards were running hot, and burned out after so many resets, so they redesigned the whole circuit board to correct the issue.
Do you have any evidence of this? It sounds rather odd.

mapsy said:
3) The red one has the activating pressure point on the angle, so you had to hold the ink cartridge very tightly to make perfect contact with the pins. They changed the design by placing a contact button right next to the pins so when you place your ink cartridge in the resetter, it is much easier to get the contact.

Ok, I can accept the bluesetter might be easier to make contact. Ranted I don't have much of an issue with the redsetter, but I'm willing to accept it's possible. I'd have to see the pics to actually understand this.

mapsy said:
mapsy said:
Previously the adapter for the cli-8 cartridges only sat in place, and if you did not hold the unit correctly, it could slip. In the new units, the adapter now has two bars that go into two holes in the resetter, thus the adapter is held in place and it cannot slip out at all. Overall a much better design.
Ok, I can accept this as being possible. It's not a big issue, but it wouldn't take much to improve the redsetter design. It is rather basic.

mapsy said:
RKS Technik is the German Company who developed this technology, and holds the patent. I am their exclusive distributor in the USA, we are the only ones who offer a 2 year replacement warranty to assure if there any new issues, you will be protected.
Do you have any evidence to support this statement? RKS Technik may have developed the unit. They may have developed the software where according to the page on druckerchannel, the software is the same, as in 1:1.

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Just a quick response:
The price being offered to forum members is less than $57. Just got mine today in the mail so I know the price. But would rather not post it so that there are no reprisals. E-mail Michele (mapsy) for forum member pricing.

There are three batteries in the design. It looks like four in the picture but one battery is shown being replaced. I already had the bottom cover off mine.

The CLI-8 adapter does fit snugly into place and won't easily move - nice feature.

Steve W.

avolanche

Print Addict
Reaction score
on30trainman said:
Just a quick response:
The price being offered to forum members is less than $57. Just got mine today in the mail so I know the price. But would rather not post it so that there are no reprisals. E-mail Michele (mapsy) for forum member pricing.

There are three batteries in the design. It looks like four in the picture but one battery is shown being replaced. I already had the bottom cover off mine.

The CLI-8 adapter does fit snugly into place and won't easily move - nice feature.

Steve W.
Here is Mapsy's Ebay ad for $48.97 shipped.Seems games are being played.I would assume this forum would like the best prices available! There are other resetters as low as $22 shipped: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Canon-Ink-C...goryZ178QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

jru

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I just received my resetter from Michele (Mapsy). It arrived in just couple of days, and worked resetting all my cartridges with Canon's ink monitoring showing them as full. Price was $44 (because I identified myself as a nifty forum member) which included shipping and 2 year warantee. I ordered by emailing her and calling first.

H

heavycanonuser

I bought mine online. It is only $26 now.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It ships from the US and works great. They are an authorized dealer as well.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
heavycanonuser said:
I bought mine online. It is only $26 now.

[spammer url yet again]

It ships from the US and works great. They are an authorized dealer as well.
I'm sick of hearing about hebron computer blah blah, blah... Quit spamming the forums with the link please it's getting old and you're actually getting on peoples sh*t list instead of actually promoting what could otherwise be a useful store.

Learn or perish...

dougsewell

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello all. I have posted this on other places in these forums about canon chip resetters and there is no need to order from the States.
You can get a CL1-8 and PG1-5 resetter from WWW.tonerplusuk.co.uk (find it under Canon" It is a mains powereed resetter at 19.75 with free p&p and is manufactured by Sudhaus the original (I believe) developers of this product. There is also another red setter available being battery powered this time from www.ink.co.uk found under canon iP4500 on page 3 for 10.06. This also does a perfect job. The bottom of this one can be carefully removed and resecured by small self tapping screws in order to be able to change the battery. This is also shown in detail in these forums. Good luck
Doug

NickC

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Dougsewell,

I have tried to email TonerPlusUK to confirm that this is a mains powered resetter as there is no mention of that on their website, however they do not seem to want to reply. I have also tried calling them a few times, even though they have a high charge 0845 number, but no one answers.

Nick