Canon Chip Resetter Reports

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
binkie said:
Smile said:
I could not resist and ordered RKS today from magic-chip.de website. When I get it I'll post some photos and tell you how it does it's job. :D
Smile,

Glad to hear that someone ordered an RKS chipsetter. Looking forward to your report, so that we can compare it to the Redsetter. It's advertising, very professionally done, makes it look appealing. What was the final cost of the RKS with shipping? Was it more, less, or the same as the Redsetter?

Binkie
Well I'm in europe EU zone. So to avoid any tax and because like you say "It's advertising, very professionally done" I decided to buy the RKS. It can reset 1500 times where ressetter claims for 500 times.

Don't know if it's just advertising nonsense, but looking forward to test the thing.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Just got response to email I sent to RKS Technik:

Your payment is booked correct on our account.
We will. ship unit latest tomorrow.

We think, goods will arrive within 5 days.
The support looks very responsive.

Zap

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi All,

I ordered the RKS chipsetter on 5/28/08 from Novelty! Magic-chip off of Ebay, They shipped it on 5/29/08. I received the chip resetter today 6/5/08 at a total cost for unit and shipping, paying through PayPal of 71$ US. Unit cost, shipping, and money exchange rate through PayPal.

I can tell you that it most definitely does not match the picture that they show on Ebay ad by Novelty! chip reset, which shows a black box with a push button on the left side of the cartage, and a light to the right of the cartage.

What I did receive appears to all intents and purpose, is the RedSetter as advertised by Brewhouse, received From RKS Tech Solutions. Identical to all the pictures that I have seen of the RedSetter Including the inside ckt board and battery. Without the ink of course.

I tried it instantly and found that it worked as advertised by Brewhouse I reset all the full cartages that I had and the printer shows them full. Only time will show how the printer reports the ink as it uses it.

I can say that I am well satisfied with it.

Jack

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Zap said:
Hi All,

I ordered the RKS chipsetter on 5/28/08 from Novelty! Magic-chip off of Ebay, They shipped it on 5/29/08. I received the chip resetter today 6/5/08 at a total cost for unit and shipping, paying through PayPal of 71$ US. Unit cost, shipping, and money exchange rate through PayPal.

I can tell you that it most definitely does not match the picture that they show on Ebay ad by Novelty! chip reset, which shows a black box with a push button on the left side of the cartage, and a light to the right of the cartage.

What I did receive appears to all intents and purpose, is the RedSetter as advertised by Brewhouse, received From RKS Tech Solutions. Identical to all the pictures that I have seen of the RedSetter Including the inside ckt board and battery. Without the ink of course.

I tried it instantly and found that it worked as advertised by Brewhouse I reset all the full cartages that I had and the printer shows them full. Only time will show how the printer reports the ink as it uses it.

Jack
Isn't that false advertising then?

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
stuko said:
This site is listing the shipping to North America as 32 Euros.
Think I'll wait until sanity prevails.

314uvb7.jpg

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model

Zap

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Smile said:
Zap said:
Hi All,

Jack
Isn't that false advertising then?
Yes, I would say so. Their ad would indicate that what they are selling is an entirely different unit from the Redsetter. However the price seems to be compatable or even a little lower when compared to the unit cost and postage quoted by Brewhouse.

I neither want nor need ink to go along with the reseter, as I buy all my bulk ink from V-Tech Inc here in the Us. And have been using their ink for over 10 years and a whole series of printers that I wore out printing, but never had a problem with their ink. I use to buy it by the gal, but now I do not do as much printing.

Even though the unit I received was not the one they showed a picture of, what they did send works very well for me, and that is what really counts. Perhaps the unit they sent is an upgrade to the one they first advertised. I can only guess, and have no intention of writing them to ask the question. Others may do so if they wish.

Jack

Defcon2k

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Zap said:

When looking at the ebay feedback profile of "magic-chip" it seems that a lot of people did not receive the advertised black RKS resetter, but the Redsetter. But I think most people are happy nevertheless, since the redsetter works fine.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I heard that ebay rules are strict but how can you sell one item and send totally different one. It's fine if it works but that does not mean the rules are not broken.

Loiner

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Does the redsetter reset the chips when you have used the release function for detecting the remaining ink level?