Canon Chip Resetter Reports

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Nice photos, but US $20.00 just for shipping makes this 80$ too expensive. When canon will force you to reset then it will be worth it.

stuko

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Smile said:
Nice photos, but US $20.00 just for shipping makes this 80$ too expensive. When canon will force you to reset then it will be worth it.
I think it is well worth it, since it keeps the ink level monitoring working (and in theory your warranty). It is a small price to pay for something that can save you from the expense of a clogged printhead, and it can save you time worrying about and manually checking ink levels.

stuko

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
gumpy said:
when do you think you will be flogging them on ebay Iam interested here in QLD.
Should be up this Thursday night. Username is stu_uts.

binkie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Smile said:
The RKS Canon chip resetter is available for $59.95 plus $9.95 shipping on EBay at . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sid=m37&satitle=160240400313&category0=&fvi=1

Unfortunately, I haven't heard from anyone who has purchased one, so don't have any confirmation as to how well it works. The Redsetter obviously works as reflected in posts here, but it is $10.00 more expensive with postage. Hopefully, costs will be coming down in the future when it becomes available from some US dealers.

Hope to hear from someone who has purchased the RKS.

Binkie

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
binkie said:
Smile said:
The RKS Canon chip resetter is available for $59.95 plus $9.95 shipping on EBay at . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sid=m37&satitle=160240400313&category0=&fvi=1

Unfortunately, I haven't heard from anyone who has purchased one, so don't have any confirmation as to how well it works. The Redsetter obviously works as reflected in posts here, but it is $10.00 more expensive with postage. Hopefully, costs will be coming down in the future when it becomes available from some US dealers.

Binkie
Well I like design of this one more :)

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
binkie said:
Smile said:

Binkie
I think the price is the same

1 x RKS InkControl ReSetter 39,95 EUR
Shipping time: ex stock

Sub-Total: 39,95 EUR
Worldwide (Best Way): 6,90 EUR
incl. MwSt. 19%: 7,48 EUR
Total: 46,85 EUR

So to initial price of 39,95 EUR you must add
14.38EUR that makes total of 46,85 EUR so it is 2Euro less or more depending on your currecy exchange rate.

I like the design more of RKS and it seems to work without printer? no dummy cartridge required like RedSetter?
Then if Canon update the chip code it could push a software update but if resetter does not require printer to work it would not work. Where RedSetter would?

binkie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Smile said:
I like the design more of RKS and it seems to work without printer? no dummy cartridge required like RedSetter? Then if Canon update the chip code it could push a software update but if resetter does not require printer to work it would not work. Where RedSetter would?
Smile,

I think you are getting your canon chip resetters confused. The redsetter does not require a dummy cartridge. I believe a chip resetter from China requires a dummy cartridge placed in your printer with a USB cable between the resetter and the printer. That sounds like a bad arrangement to me.

Here's a You Tube video of the chip setter with the dummy cartridge. It's clearly not the redsetter!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fd4IxGtk050&feature=related

Binkie

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
binkie said:
tgame said:
The picture on ebay is nothing like what I have received. Mine is much smaller and has no buttons or switches of any sort.
tgame,

Any chance you could take a photo of the chip resetter you purchased and post it on the forum? Also, any particular reason you purchased a RKS chip setter rather than a Redsetter? Wonder what the diferences are between the two?

Thanks.

Binkie
Yes you are correct, stupid me, I clicked the link in this thread and taught that was about redsetter.
Any videos of redsetter in action? I can't find any on youtube
If anybody knows hi res photos of RKS please post.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I could not resist and ordered RKS today from magic-chip.de website. When I get it I'll post some photos and tell you how it does it's job. :D

binkie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Smile said:
I could not resist and ordered RKS today from magic-chip.de website. When I get it I'll post some photos and tell you how it does it's job. :D
Smile,

Glad to hear that someone ordered an RKS chipsetter. Looking forward to your report, so that we can compare it to the Redsetter. It's advertising, very professionally done, makes it look appealing. What was the final cost of the RKS with shipping? Was it more, less, or the same as the Redsetter?

Binkie