Canon Chip Resetter Reports

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
wilko said:
It cost me 30 inc postage to the UK. Ink and long needles are also available at extra cost but I just went with the redsetter as I use Hobbicolors ink.

No doubt the cost of the redsetter will come down but I expect Canon will close this loophole with the next printer series.
I have just ordered from a UK supplier for 19.99 including postage. I will report back after receipt (or otherwise!!).............it supposedly comes without a battery........perhaps thats how they are keeping the cost down ?

Regarding your comment "expect Canon will close the loophole with the next series"........does not worry me , with care my current printers should see then see me through.
The only reason I am getting a resetter is not for the ink level monitor , but the fact that some printers seem to tire of having no "live" carts in the rank , I want to avoid having to occasionaly purchase a lone full price genuine virgin cart to keep the printer happy.
Also if I do replace my MP600 with a MP610 it will avoid me voiding the warranty by not overriding the ink monitor.

wilko

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma
headphonesman said:
[I have just ordered from a UK supplier for 19.99 including postage. I will report back after receipt (or otherwise!!).............it supposedly comes without a battery........perhaps thats how they are keeping the cost down ?
That's a great price. Is it the redsetter and have you a link?

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
http://www.discandink.co.uk/acatalog/px_offers.php

Please note although I recognise this as a well established UK company I have not dealt with them previously . At this time I am unable to comment on their level of service , I hope to be able to do so (favorably , I hope) , in the next few days.

I have only ordered the Redsetter at present , they state delivery via first class post within 5 working days.....~I am on day 4 at the moment.

I hope this will go well as they do 100/250 ml bottles of "Canon" refill ink as well which I will order once I have the Redsetter and providing it is back in stock , (the 250 sizethat is , .... they do have the 100ml size in stock.)

I will give a full report when in a position to do so.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
I see only UK as a country, so no international shipping :(

wilko

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma
headphonesman said:
http://www.discandink.co.uk/acatalog/px_offers.php

Please note although I recognise this as a well established UK company I have not dealt with them previously . At this time I am unable to comment on their level of service , I hope to be able to do so (favorably , I hope) , in the next few days.

I have only ordered the Redsetter at present , they state delivery via first class post within 5 working days.....~I am on day 4 at the moment.

I hope this will go well as they do 100/250 ml bottles of "Canon" refill ink as well which I will order once I have the Redsetter and providing it is back in stock , (the 250 sizethat is , .... they do have the 100ml size in stock.)

I will give a full report when in a position to do so.
Very interesting. It looks just like the ReDsetter I purchased for 30. However, It doesn't mention compatability with my IP4500 and batteries are not included. I suspect though that it will work on an IP4500 and batteries for the ReDsetter are said to be akin to wristwatch batteries so you seem to have discovered a genuine bargain.

Phoenix are a well established UK company with a good reputation and it looks like the Canon chip has finally been cracked.

Would be very interested in your experience of Phoenix ink. Please let us know your findings.

No doubt prices will plummet once USA companies get hold of the idea, so it's looking good for Canon owners at the moment.

Thanks very much for sharing your experience

Froggy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
wilko said:
Very interesting. It looks just like the ReDsetter I purchased for 30.
Hi, I'm new on here, though not new to inkjets / refilling (if you think ink carts can be messy, try re-inking Epson dot matrix printer rbbons) but I'm no expert or anything. Oh, and I live in the UK.

I bought the Redsetter from here:
http://www.patronenhandel.de/index.php/cat/c13966_MP-610.html and I got the euro29.95 package with the 5 inks, syringes, needle etc. and after delivery etc. this came to 36 according to my CC statement (I paid via Paypal). This arrived safe and sound within 7 days. Safety Note: The needles are the sharp variety so treat with respect and keep away from the kids.

The Phoenix product looks good value compared to this, 4 more expensive BUT you get more ink, but only 1 black ink, which is a bit strange. There is a difference between pigment and dye ink, interchanging the two can have a negative impact on print quality. The cost of the Redsetter itself is a good 10 cheaper from Phoenix. Assuming it's the same item, seems odd the battery is not supplied, as to open my Redsetter I would have to apply some force. The Sudhause Redsetter uses a 3v CR-2032E lithium coin cell, information from

http://tinyurl.com/5n4ase courtesy of Steves Digicams forum

I would be intersted in seeing what Phoenix is selling.

As far as USA ink suppliers go, I've heard MIS are supposed to be good for bulk ink. But apart from Phoenix, anyone out there in the UK know of any good Canon-specific ink?

Froggy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Defcon2k said:
Btw, my guess is this: RKS wanted to sell their own resetter, but the producer could not deliver in time. So they chose to buy the redsetter instead and ship it to their customers.
This is apparently a supplier of RKS products. Click the UK flag for a better translation.

http://66.102.9.104/translate_c?hl=...ID=20&XTCsid=d5446e43634e4c26cb604d97aca47fd8

You will notice the illustration looks very much like the Sudhaus Redsetter with another brandname on it. From what I can understand, it's not known if they are identical or if the RKS is more advanced. Either way, they apparently both do the job. Cost is 40 usd which is 20 ish without delivery.

It might be Defcom2k is correct, or the original ebay pics were of a prototype. But they do need to be changing the pictures to reflect the product they really are selling.

pebe

Printer Guru
Reaction score
As far as USA ink suppliers go, I've heard MIS are supposed to be good for bulk ink. But apart from Phoenix, anyone out there in the UK know of any good Canon-specific ink?
I bought from Hobbicolors in the US.
Price, including air freight, was cheaper than previously bought in the UK.
1st rate service, product quality, and delivery.

wilko

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma
pebe said:
I bought from Hobbicolors in the US.
Price, including air freight, was cheaper than previously bought in the UK.
1st rate service, product quality, and delivery.
Yes that's what I've found. Also if you e-mail Hobbicolors they will sell you individual ink packages, e.g. all colours excluding pigment black. The ink is excellent and the cheapest way of buying quality ink in the UK. I get mine through Ebay international.