Canon chip resetter (CLI-8 / PGI-5)

Defcon2k

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

sorry if this is old news for you, but I did not check the printer forums for quite some time ( no reason to, since my IP5200 works just fine with his first set of carts for 1,5 years now).
Today I noticed that there finally are affordable chip resetters available for my printer soon. The reset procedure is said to take about 6 seconds, after which the chip and the ink level monitoring is okay again.

http://www.druckerchannel.de/artikel.php?ID=2200&t=news_chip_resetter_von_sudhaus_fuer_canon

Next month, Sudhaus brings a chip resetter for the following carts:
CLI-8BK, 8C, 8M, 8Y, PGI-5BK (so, no light photo colors yet)

(edit: it seems that the company claims the restter can reset all PGI-5 and CLI carts, including photo colors and special colors; confirmation needed)

cost: 30 Euro (~45 Dollar)

The set also contains a starter refill kit (some ink, syringes and stuff).

(edit: There will also be a set without ink (20) and a set without ink but with an external power supply (40).)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil

Zap

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Defcon2k said:
Hi everybody,

Today I noticed that there finally are affordable chip resetters available for my printer soon. The reset procedure is said to take about 6 seconds, after which the chip and the ink level monitoring is okay again.

http://www.druckerchannel.de/artikel.php?ID=2200&t=news_chip_resetter_von_sudhaus_fuer_canon

Next month, Sudhaus brings a chip resetter for the following carts:
CLI-8BK, 8C, 8M, 8Y, PGI-5BK (so, no light photo colors yet)

cost: 30 Euro (~45 Dollar)
Hi, I went to look at that chip reseter, but I could not find any price on it at all, the only price I could find was the shipping cost of the chip reseter package, reseter and ink to be 38 Euro to any place outside of Europe.

It does look interesting, and I am sure that when they actually bring it out in the middle of May, that we will be able to see the price. Then decide if the price is worth it for home use.

If it is anywhere near the price you believe that it is, I will be first in line to try it.

Jack

Forsurchi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The chip resetter has been a talk for months now (consumer chip resetters). The only ones available are over 300usd bucks at the moment. I wouldn't get my hopes up on a consumer resetter as of yet.

xiaoling

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I read some articles about Canon CLI 8 series chip resetter. By now, it can only reset CLI-8 black ink cartridges. And most of the cartridges it can reset are black.

But things will get better and better, I believe!!!

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
wrong, the CLI/PGI resetter resets all but the photo cartridges. You must be reading about the old ones (proto type) the up to date resetters are fine.

Forsurchi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
At the moment, you can only get a resetter for about $300usd. I'm sure something will come out soon, and were not to far from the cli-8 comptible chip.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Forsurchi, you do sell refil ink and I presume you should be familiar what the developments are on this area ? The compatible CLI-8 chips are allready sold in Germany for more than a month ago now and this resetter is being sold in Germany for about 30/ $ 48..... Did you read the starting post ? I presume not.