binkie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
binkie said:
m1971 said:
Yes a canon resetter is out apparently as of
a few days now

http://www.inkfilling.com/show_canon-cli8-pgi5-resetter.html
Wow . . . $27.99! That's a great price, but be sure to inquire about the warranty. Some of the RedSetters have been have battery and circuit board problems. If yours is one of them, and you can't get a replacement, then it's not such a bargain after all.

I wonder why the big drop in price. Sometimes when something sounds too good to be true, it is. Be careful!

Binkie

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
My original Sudhaus resetter has arrived and works perfectly like everyone else's in this forum. It also includes high quality inks and five syringes with special long (and thick) needles for durchstich refilling. So I bought a second ip3300 because the price of the printer sans cartridges is 4 euros only (so I keep a spare printer and a printhead!).

Time for a new printing spree!!!

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone bought one of these Resetters from Inkfilling.com? I don't yet have a Canon printer that has chipped cartridges, but am wondering if I should get one at this price in case I ever do/need to. Our local MicroCenter was advertising some refurbed ip4300s at $50, but missed out on the deal. Unfortunately it is a In-Store only deal. Other MicroCenters have them in stock. At that price I would have gotten two just for the cartridges.

Steve W.

binkie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
on30trainman said:
Has anyone bought one of these Resetters from Inkfilling.com? I don't yet have a Canon printer that has chipped cartridges, but am wondering if I should get one at this price in case I ever do/need to. Our local MicroCenter was advertising some refurbed ip4300s at $50, but missed out on the deal. Unfortunately it is a In-Store only deal. Other MicroCenters have them in stock. At that price I would have gotten two just for the cartridges.

Steve W.
It's a good price now, but I would wait until I needed one. It more likely that the prices will go down in the future, not up.

Binkie

IGExpandingPanda

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
m1971 said:
Yes a canon resetter is out apparently as of
a few days now

http://www.inkfilling.com/show_canon-cli8-pgi5-resetter.html
I must have gotten one of the last ones then. Mine arrived today. It has no power supply so I presume it's battery based. It doesn't work, or doesn't appear to work.

ETA: It does work, fault was the user, me, putting in the cartridge backwards.

IGExpandingPanda

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
tigerwan said:
Thanks for that. To be honest, I'm going to try for an RMA replacement first before cracking open the case. This way they can't complain about it being user error. But useful information none the less.

ETA: Turns out is was user error. I was trying to reset the cartridges backwards. www.inkfilling.com unit worked out of the box without battery replacement or tweaking. In fact, it came in a real box.