Bronzing problem solved on the Pro 9500

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
jtoolman said:
So I assume that these will reset automatically when one color goes fully empty. Right?
The very earliest SP1400s will do that. Thereafter it is a lift and replace or other reset schemes.
There are ways to eliminate that slap. Use a piece of felt or thin foam and stick it UNDER the lid where the slap occurs. Noise gone. Just a strip wide enough to contact the tubes and where the tubes contact the
CISSes are way oversold for what they are. They operate on fundamental principles and while many are sold on constant pressure etc. Once the properties of the ink for the respective printer is correct, the surface tension effects at the nozzle outlet will obliviate all other parameters which are more theoretical than anything. In other words "ya don't need fancy fella". The liquid is the key. Put ink that is not correct and it will drip out and then reports of a bad ciss etc. clogging and having to perform head cleans to get going again. As long as the tubes don't leak and they are primed, pretty much all will work unless something else is horribly wrong. Constant pressure design won't hurt but it will not do much really.

Now a common problem with earlier 1400s is delamination of the printhead and it results in crossover of colors until it is flushed. It progressively gets worse until it is so bad it is not useable. Using these as gloss appliers is ideal for these machines since they would be headed to the recycle heap. Crossing clear to clear results in clear.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
jtoolman said:
I decided, I was getting tired of refilling my little 10ml dampers on my 1400 Gloss Optimizer printer about every dozen 13 x 19 so I took them out and installed one of a couple of Epson 1400 CISS units I got on EBAY. Only $20 each and I thought they would be awful but they are actually very good. So far. After installing with Precision Colors IS Gloss Op for the R1900 / R2000 and getting the last few bubbles out of the system lines,
I wouldnt have taught you would need a CISS with your printer at all, yes the carts do run out fairly quickly but youre more in control of you output.

The I.S. Glop on the Canon tends to leak out of the carts a bit when not in use (Just a dribble) so I would imagine the same would apply with the CISS when its not in use but more dramatically.

I am now using all of my carts in the Canon 7000 and get good overall coverage and the prints are almost dry to the touch when ejected from the printer, my results are pretty good but I still plan on doing more tests to get it better.

The slap you get from the tubing causes the print head to misalign when travelling back and forth while printing glossy photos but it shouldnt cause any problems while applying the Glop in your case..

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
The Hat. I will simply leave the lit open and watch the process as it print. No biggie! I am nerdy enough to enjoy watching.
I have not had any dripping problems with either carts or CISS so far. I ran about half a dozen 13 x 19 prints I had yet to treat and all was great.
I really got tired of refilling these little dampers. I may not have told you but I had been using little flip top damper carts with the reset to full push button chip bar. It did work perfectly well and if I feel like it I can always return to that in the future. Since I was running so many prints through it I figured I would finally set up the CISS. The results are lovely!

Joe

Latest posts