Artisan 1430 cartridge errors

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
i don't really have the money to buy a new set of cartridges for around £100 total,
If you would ask Epson they just would tell you not to use 3rd party cartridges at all and you wouldn't have these problems.............

You may get another set of 3rd party cartridges and use those alternatively before you are stuck altogether

inkygorilla

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP-970
If you would ask Epson they just would tell you not to use 3rd party cartridges at all and you wouldn't have these problems.............

You may get another set of 3rd party cartridges and use those alternatively before you are stuck altogether
thanks for your input on this .
If i didn't use third party cartridges, my business would be dead in the water with the cost of genuine cartridges. this the cartridge debate is on the same lines as the right to repair argument. This will now become another printer destined for landfill because Epson don't want me using ink that they can't make money from. Every other aspect of the printer is functional!

Luckily i have an ecotank printer that is far more economical to use with genuine inks that will replace this, however i was more than happy running both while i could.
thanks for your time

inkygorilla

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP-970
thanks for your input on this .
If i didn't use third party cartridges, my business would be dead in the water with the cost of genuine cartridges. this the cartridge debate is on the same lines as the right to repair argument. This will now become another printer destined for landfill because Epson don't want me using ink that they can't make money from. Every other aspect of the printer is functional!

Luckily i have an ecotank printer that is far more economical to use with genuine inks that will replace this, however i was more than happy running both while i could.
thanks for your time

and just as a final note, i installed my old CISS cartridges with no change to the recognition as well as a spare set of CISS cartridges that had never been in the machine before and still no change.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Thanks for your feedback; you are right that all this is much easier to handle with an Ecotank printer ;
and yes - using another cartridge set - your CISS cartridges - can get you out of that firmware loop .
It is not much different with Canon at this time - they have other tricks to make refill not that simple either with their premium printers like the Pro-200 which is somewhat comparable to the A3 Artisan 1430/1400/1500, so people still try to buy the previous model Pro-100 instead

It is a different subject altogether but please be aware that there are wide differences between inks in regards to their longevity, there are some Epson inks which perform very well - those of the Ecotank printers ET7750 and ET8550, but most other Epson inks are pretty weak in this respect and 3rd party inks - practically all of those - are very weak or even terribly weak - you get what you pay for - half the price but only 10% of the performance or less - no supplier will tell you.