Anybody familiar with Canon Easy-PhotoPrint Ex for 6x4 Photos?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
stoppage said:
Quote....EasyPrint will not allow you to print more than one image at a time

http://imageshack.us/g/690/borderlessb.jpg/

4 x Borderless Images 15 x 10 printed borderless on A4 Paper with EasyPrint
After you posted again I went back to EasyPrint to see if I could find a way to print 4 up photos.

I used lay-out print originally and I decided to switched to photo print which then worked
and I managed to accomplish 4 up photo prints.

By just licking on the up and down arrows on a single photo or any of your photos the number in the box indicates
how many time this photo be printed and this will also be visible on the bottom of the page.

5128_easy_print_sample.png

Once your selection is complete click on layout/Print button on the left Panel to display your Print Preview
then click the Print button if youre satisfied with the current selection.

Is it marvellous what I can achieve when I bother to learn how to use an application properly Ops :hide

stoppage

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
If it won't print 15 x 10 accurately, then it's not much use, is it? Sometimes I wonder about Canon

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I looked up the ip4600 printer and found the following possible borderless print sizes: 4 x 6", 4 x 8", 5 x 7", 8 x 10". The absorbent pads under the print area of the printer are spaced to pick up the slight overspray of ink that occurs beyond the edges of only these paper sizes so you have no border. The amount of overspray can be adjusted in the driver. When this adjustment is made you are actually choosing how much cropping of the image will appear on the print. That is because the image is expanded enough to go beyond the paper edges and "bleed" off the paper edge to avoid a white border.

I notice that the paper sizes mentioned in this thread are in metric measurements. Unless the European models space the absorbant pads that pick up the overspray different from the US models I assume that the sizes are close enough that a proper adjustment of the picture extension for borderless printing compensates for the difference in sizes from the inch measurements that I've noted above. 15cmx10cm is very close to 4x6 inches, so I would hope that the proper extension adjustment will work for 15cmx10cm also. So - stoppage's statement "If it won't print 15 x 10 accurately, then it's not much use, is it?" must refer to the fact that the printed image on a borderless print is cropped and not exactly the same as the image on the screen or in the file. Either that, or the borderless feature is not designed for metric paper sizes.

Use of Canon Easy PrintEX is another story, and I have no experience with it. I can only tell you that the printer will only work with specific sizes of paper for borderless prints regardless of software used. Of course, you can always cheat and end up with overspray within the print area in which there is no absorbent pads, but you will then have some ink to clean out of the area that is not designed for this use.

stoppage

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
European models of the IP4600 feature borderless printing on A4. The Gimp software prints an image exactly 6x4 on A4 paper. The problem lies with Canon`s Easy Print package.

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
Gimp is excellent, but if you intent to print a lot of smaller sized photographs on A4, try Qimage. I don't know if there is a free alternative, but it was worth its price when I was printing photos.