Anybody familiar with Canon Easy-PhotoPrint Ex for 6x4 Photos?

stoppage

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi, I'm using a Canon IP4600 with Easy-PhotoPrint Ex to print a single 15 x 10 on A4 size paper
Settings....on Paper Format 10x15cm and on Layout, no margin (full print) renders a printout of 15,5 x 10,5 cm.
On Paper Format A4 and Layout No Margin x 4 renders 15 x 10.5 cm.
Standard print wizard prints corret size, can somebody please advise me what I'm doing wrong? Obliged

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
stoppage said:
Hi, I'm using a Canon IP4600 with Easy-PhotoPrint Ex to print a single 15 x 10 on A4 size paper
Settings....on Paper Format 10x15cm and on Layout, no margin (full print) renders a printout of 15,5 x 10,5 cm.
On Paper Format A4 and Layout No Margin x 4 renders 15 x 10.5 cm.
Standard print wizard prints corret size, can somebody please advise me what I'm doing wrong? Obliged
You can only print borderless on certain sizes on your 4600 and trying to fool the printer wont work.

If you click on quick setup in print properties then select borderless the printer will then only give you the sizes it will allow you to use,
if you now try to use a different paper size than the one selected, it will reverts back to normal print size with margins..

stoppage

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
But I'm not using a different paper size, I'm using A4 and it's not printing margins, it's just printing incorrect size

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
stoppage said:
But I'm not using a different paper size, I'm using A4 and it's not printing margins, it's just printing incorrect size
OK lets start again just to see if I am reading your problems right.

You have set and used 10 x 15 cm size paper and printed successfully your photo
with an overlap of .5 cm spray (Borderless) in Easy-Print, is this correct?

Then you attempted to used an A4 size sheet (21 cm x 29.7 cm) this time with the same photo in the Easy-Prints
layout x 4 of them each sized 10 x 15 cm = 20 x 30 cm. (No margins) but it failed to print correctly for you, is this also correct. :fl

stoppage

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thank you for your patience, this time I've included jpegs of the seettings I've used, hopefully that will make things a little clearer. I never thought an IP4600 would have a problem printing 10x 15 photos on A4 paper! I've used A4 paper all along, I never actually used 10x15sized paper. When you write with an overlap of .5 cm spray .....the pictures showed no evidence of any spray effect, picture quality was perfect. Although I chose a seting of x4 with A4 size I only printed one, and expected 15x10 and not 15x10,5.
The JPEGS....Borderless 1 &2 show settings choosing A4 paper.
Borderless 3 & 4 show settings choosing 10 x 15 paper.

5040_borderless4.jpg

5040_borderless3.jpg

5040_borderless2.jpg

5040_borderless1.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
stoppage
You can print your photo in size 10 x 150 cm on that size paper and you can print out the same photo in full A4 size
but you cannot print using four individual photos with EasyPrint using the borderless application.

The problem is the Canon print driver and not the EasyPrint application itself,
the print driver sees four photos and not one so it wont work for you.

Nearly everybody that uses Canon printers has at one time or another complained bitterly about this stupid
way that borderless works on their printers, me included.

If you look at the printing Preference below when normal size page layout is selected
you will notice that the Page size (Drop-Down Box) has a very large selection in it.

5128_normal.png

In the second picture however youll see when borderless page layout is selected
the Page size Box is limited to very few sizes and even some of them dont work either.

5128_borderless1_.png

Now the only way you can solve your problem is to use another application to put your four photos together
on one layer save it as A4 and then the printer will effortlessly run off as many bordless photos as you want..

5128_example1_png.png

stoppage

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
We may have a small misunderstanding here......you cannot print using four individual photos with EasyPrint using the borderless application. But I've never tried to print four individual photos, my issue all along has been the size of a single printed image.... ...one single 15x10 photo on an A4 sheet...printed on borderless setting comes out at 15 x 10.5..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
stoppage said:
We may have a small misunderstanding here......you cannot print using four individual photos with EasyPrint using the borderless application. But I've never tried to print four individual photos, my issue all along has been the size of a single printed image.... ...one single 15x10 photo on an A4 sheet...printed on borderless setting comes out at 15 x 10.5..
If you print a photo size 15 x 10 cm with EasyPrint using the printer settings (borderless) and insert a 15 x 10 cm sheet in the feed tray,
the printer will print that photo with no white borders on for you no problems.

If you then try to print the same photo using the photo wizard in EasyPrint to display your photo on your screen (same photo x 4 times)
with no margins between them and set the printer to (borderless) then insert your A4 sheet in the feed tray
the printer will only print one photo (not 4) on your A4 sheet to the exact size of 15 x 10 cm. despite EasyPrint displaying 4 photos for printing.

Ill tell what Ill do, I will try and load the EasyPrint application on my computer and see if I can
reproduce the same scenario youre having and then see if I can resolve it for you ok. :)

stoppage

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
All I'm trying to do is to print a single 15x10 Photo in the correct size,(not 15x10,5), borderless, on an A4 sheet of paper. Gimp can do it with one eye shut! Thanks for your patience

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
stoppage said:
All I'm trying to do is to print a single 15x10 Photo in the correct size,(not 15x10,5), borderless, on an A4 sheet of paper. Gimp can do it with one eye shut! Thanks for your patience
OK as I suspected earlier EasyPrint will not allow you to print more than one image at a time in its own application, it use too.

I tried it a dozen times and each time it only printed out one image borderless so long as you had the correct size paper loaded first.
You can print 15 x 10, 13 x 18, 20 x 25, 10 x 20 cm and A4 all borderless with any single photo you choose and thats it.

Canon Inc. just will not allow the print owner any leeway at all on borderless printing even when using their own software
and went to the trouble of removing a couple of lines of code from EasyPrint to prevent you printing more than one image.

Sorry it didnt work out for you in the end.. :(