3D Setting Problem....?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Just lately my settings have gone a bit skewed.

See the Pics..
Untitled-66.jpg Untitled-67.jpg click to enlarge
The outer layer is not sticking to the inner layer, the top and bottom layers are working ok.

I have obvious tuned something different and went the wrong way with my settings but which ones, any help would be appreciate to get me back.. :confused:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Anything to do with your new filament box, like too much tension on the filament or some coating on the surface of the filament?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Anything to do with your new filament box
Nope, I know that it’s one of the setting in CURA, but as to which one precisely, and then knowing the correct setting, I haven’t got the foggiest, I don’t want to make matters worse by altering everything, it’s much like an Inkjet printer, just alter one thing at a time, baby steps, but there’s a lot more setting here than on an Inkjet.. :hu

Jeannette Coomer

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i561
What material are you printing? I'm guessing ABS.
Try using no fan at all. Set fan to 0% for the next part you print. also cover your machine enough such that the air temperature reaches 35C to 40C (but no hotter than 40C). These 2 things will help with your issue.
If you are printing PLA then you probably have under-extrusion - try printing a little hotter and slower.

NurseBob

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Re: Possible under extrusion - if you've recently loaded a new reel of filament, you may want to recheck/calibrate your extrusion rate. Filaments can vary in actual diameter and result in inconsistent or under extrusion.