What happens if I 3/4 refill and reset cartridge?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
rodbam said:
Yes Stratman there's always a bed at our place for anyone wishing to learn more about Aussie beers. In a world sense our beers don't do very well because most of you go by the taste & nuances of the brew but down here we tend to rate a beer by how sick it makes us. Up here in Queensland our favourite brew is XXXX (Fourex) as it produces the best Technicolor yawn of any beer this side of the black stump:)
Regards Rod ...hic...scuse.
Well if it's sick you want, then America is the place to be. We have many an ill swill to suit your needs, whether it's praying to the porcelain palace or riding on top of it. You won't even make it to your bed.

From the sounds of it you've already had a good head's start on the ale. Growing up, a Fourex was a jiffy for your stiffy. I'm definitely drinking with The Hat!

And before any of the "Stay On Topic" police come by to nag, this slight detour was to reinforce the warning of not to drink and refill. :p

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
Good on you Irv mate:)
OK no refilling while I'm drinking, got it.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
You need another branch on that road sign Jackson for Inject Guru, I just noticed I've turned into an Inkjet Guru & have no idea how I got here:)
Regards Rod

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
You made your 50th post, that's all. When you hit a hundred, you'll be an Inkjet Master, like irvweiner (a few posts up) will be when he makes one more post.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Ah 50 posts, I thought it was because I conned people into thinking I knew what I was talking about:)
Regards Rod

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
rodbam said:
Ah 50 posts, I thought it was because I conned people into thinking I knew what I was talking about:)
Regards Rod
Nope. Your expertise increased just by being around the Printer Laureates on Nifty-Stuff. :D

irvweiner

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Gents, I preferred being a Guru--the word itself resonates with mysticism--which is how our printers oft function!

regards to all irvweiner

OM2

Printer Guru
Reaction score
i lost track of this thread for a few days... i checked back and we've had looads of replies! :)

just thought i'd show some of u more experienced guys something u probably haven't seen in years (because ur refilling): an original set of inks!

2rp5w9h.jpg

(pgi 5 and cli 8's)

i thought it might be relevant to the original topic of discussion (though feel free to print out and take to the pub to discuss)

the carts show that they are *not* full to the brim
and i would suggest if u refill using the 3/4 method, then ur roughly getting the same level of ink as u have originally?

+ that maybe this explains why u get 12% ink left (as someone mentioned) - maybe this is because ur filling to the max when u refill?

question: about leaking and filling to the max - if the cart doesn't leak outside in the refill process, am i ok?
this is what i was afraid of - having the cart leak while inside the print head

thanks