What happens if I 3/4 refill and reset cartridge?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
rodbam said:
OK Hats I will keep looking for empty OEM cartridges.
Octoink and Precision Colors both sell empty OEM Canon empty cartridges. Octoink has the cartridges in virgin empty but unflushed condition. Precision Colors are already top hole drilled, come with a spiffy color-matching plug, and have an orange clip for storage (or traditional top hole refilling). These cartridges are pre-purged and will be as easy as pie to purge in the future with the top hole. Even with the top hole, you can still tap and refill ala the Durchstitch method. You couldn't ask for two better guys to purchase from based on the experiences with forum members.

I just looked on eBay in the USA and saw several auctions for empty CLI-8 and PGI-5 cartridges. Be precise in your search parameters. Maybe nothing is available on eBay Australia.

Maybe some of your stores take empty cartridges for refilling and recycling. Maybe they would sell or give you some cartridges.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
I don't think I could go to pub with anyone with a name like Hat or to use his full name The Hat:)
Thanks Roy that's a great offer as it will certainly make my search a lot easier by having those three. I have sent you an email.
Thanks a lot:)
Regards Rod

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I had a look at Precision Colors Stratman & I could only find the 4 CLI 8 PGI5 combo which is no good to me, did you see an 8 set Cli 8 on Precision Colors ebay site? I will have a look at Octoink & see what they have. I didn't see any 8 color cartridges for sale on the US ebay just one or two bodgy mixed sets of genuine & compatibles & lots of the 5 cart combo in bulk .
Yes I will definitely try the dumpster diving at the stores recycling box's:)
Thanks mate:)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3

rodbam
I don't think I could go to pub with anyone with a name like Hat or to use his full name The Hat
stratman
You heard it from the man himself and Ill have to agree, We couldnt drink with this guy either,
he drinks his schooners upside down anyway and would spill it all over me Hat..
:D:lol:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
rodbam said:
I had a look at Precision Colors Stratman & I could only find the 4 CLI 8 PGI5 combo which is no good to me, did you see an 8 set Cli 8 on Precision Colors ebay site? I will have a look at Octoink & see what they have. I didn't see any 8 color cartridges for sale on the US ebay just one or two bodgy mixed sets of genuine & compatibles & lots of the 5 cart combo in bulk .
Yes I will definitely try the dumpster diving at the stores recycling box's:)
Thanks mate:)
I didn't realize you needed the 8 different cartridges. That makes things a bit more difficult. I did see the PC and PM Canon empties for sale on eBay but you would need to by a lot of them bundled together. Didn't see the other colors in your set.

Maybe consider a workaround - buy the empties available and purchase new OEM Canon cartridges to fill out the set. More expensive than if you bought all empties but still a lot cheaper than buying all new cartridges.

Maybe there are all the cartridges you seek from European or Australian internet sources. I don't know where to look in your neck of the woods, but maybe others here do.

You also might email and ask Octoink and Precision colors if they have all the empties you need even if they aren't advertised on the sites.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The Hat said:

rodbam
I don't think I could go to pub with anyone with a name like Hat or to use his full name The Hat
stratman
You heard it from the man himself and Ill have to agree, We couldnt drink with this guy either,
he drinks his schooners upside down anyway and would spill it all over me Hat..
:D:lol:
Well, I hear the Aussies are some of the best people to drink with, but the Irish have some of the best beers in the world. I say this with full knowledge that we in America have some of the worst beers in the world.

The Australians make some fine wines and the Irish delicious whiskeys, so there is a draw here. In the end, the Irish beers, at least the ones I have had, are too good to pass up, so I'm sticking with my brother The Hat on this one. :D

I am, however, open to changing my mind if rodbam is willing to put me up for a couple of weeks and teach me the finer points of Australian beverages! :D

Maybe we should all meet at this International Beer Fest: http://www.ixbeerfest.com/Breweries-Beer.aspx No Australian beers and only three from Ireland, but after sampling a dozen or two who cares! :p

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
rodbam said:
I don't think I could go to pub with anyone with a name like Hat or to use his full name The Hat:)
Thanks Roy that's a great offer as it will certainly make my search a lot easier by having those three. I have sent you an email.
Regards Rod
email hasn't arrived Rod. Try again.

Roy

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Roy Sletcher said:
rodbam said:
Regards Rod
email hasn't arrived Rod. Try again.

Roy
Hi Rod,

Did actually Arrive. I was looking in the wrong email account. Sorry for the confusion. Getting old!!!

Will entrust them to the tender Handling of Canada Post Corporation tomorrow.

Roy

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks Roy:) I'm getting old too & was starting to wonder if I even sent it:)
Yes Stratman there's always a bed at our place for anyone wishing to learn more about Aussie beers. In a world sense our beers don't do very well because most of you go by the taste & nuances of the brew but down here we tend to rate a beer by how sick it makes us. Up here in Queensland our favourite brew is XXXX (Fourex) as it produces the best Technicolor yawn of any beer this side of the black stump:)
Regards Rod ...hic...scuse.

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
A few big bottles of the Belgian LEFFE Bruin beer, and you'll forget the technicolour yawn, It will be replaced by a blinding Prismatic one :lol::lol::lol: