What best to replace Cannon MP560

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Just got to pluck up courage to start the dismantle with photos during process.
Don’t bother, just leave it and enjoy the printer as it is, you can always sit the printer in a servicing tray and that will protect you if ever the pads should leak, most likely they won’t..

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I don't know why your printer didn't behave in the normal way when entering service mode. And normally you don't need to disconnect the printer from the mains before starting the procedure to enter service mode. But the important thing is that you successfully resat the absorber counter.

Now you could take the printer apart to get access to the absorbers to wash them, but you could also consider to continue printing without washing the absorbers. Some say you can do this just once others say you risk a nasty ink spill if the absorbers overflow. If you continue printing without washing the absorbers you could place the printer on a shallow tray to contain a possible ink leakage.

If you decide to wash the absorbers in the MP560 then here is a thread about these absorbers, and here is a thread with important info about the flat foil cable connectors in the MP560.

nippyink

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Don’t bother, just leave it and enjoy the printer as it is, you can always sit the printer in a servicing tray and that will protect you if ever the pads should leak, most likely they won’t..
Good idea and I even thought just drill a hole in the bottom of printer tray and put in a tube sealed through a gromit so ink just comes out into a waste ink tray underneath the printer BUT the MP560 has an A4 paper store/feed tray on the bottom with associated feed mechanism that reaches right from front to back:mad: So back to dismantle and fit an Octoink printer potty.:(

I wonder that if I just want to fit a potty and will not be removing pads for wash whether I can get away with less dismantle? Is it possible to get at the ink waste tube(s) with only partial dismantle?? I wonder if hole in back at waste tray level, above paper tray, with just tube pushed in would do it?
Need someone who has a stripped 560 printer to check that out. Also are there 1 or 2 tubes from print flushing area ...Quick look at spare parts doesn't seem to make this clear.

Last edited: