Waste Ink Tank pads.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
OutOFtheinkwell said:
Won't work? Bummer! But I was thinking after reading about it, I know Damper Cartridges come with Micro filters built in so wouldn't that take care of the "Dirty" problems before the ink reaches the head? Just a thought!
Which would then clog the so called sub micron filter in like a few minutes and the carts would stop working and no ink would get to the head.

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
The Hat wrote. "Why would you want to use this waste ink anyway, sure the ink is cheap enough in the first place.."
My answer is the same Hillary gave when asked why he climbed Mt. Everest." "Because it's there"! Just something cool, ( to me), about the idea of throw away ink put to good use! Sort of a reply to the OEM companies that try to get us to waste ink so they can make more money!

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
The only way you could reuse it is to manually filter through at least a 1um syringe filter like I used to filter sterilize culture media that could not be sterilized by autoclaving. I still would not use it on a printer but I could be used for other none printing uses. What those uses are, who knows. Printing,,,, probably not - regardless of how BAD you want to "Sock it" to the ink companies! You'd be sacrificing your printer just to prove a point.

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Ok! I'm talked out of that one, guess I'll just wait for the new firmware I hear about that will eliminate chips in cartridges. It was only a brain storm anyway and the sun's out now!

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
What firmware are you talking about? Must be a hack because there's no way in H"youknowwhere"L the printer companies would ever release anything like that.

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Will let you know when and if it happens before the year is over! Call it a prediction!

fraqtl

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
For the OP, use a waste ink kit from Octoinkjet.co.uk. I bought one a short while ago for my Artisan 725 and it's super easy installation and solves your problems. Plus he gives you the proper reset tool that the techos use, rather than the annoying retail one you can get and have to register with Epson for each time.

They are cheap and easy.

I am not affiliated with octoinkjet.co.uk in any way, except as a customer who is about to order another kit for a new Epson Artisan 1430 I just bought.

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Got an Artisan 725? I bought 3 of them when they were going for 100 bucks, ( about the cost of 6 OEM cartridges) and so far the first one is proving to be a very nice machine for the money. One reason I bought it is that my wife is using an Epson 1400 which does a very nice job with it's 6 color Claria type dye based inks on Costco Kirkland Glossy Photo paper, I read about the 725 Artisan and saw that it uses the same ink set up ( Probably the same head), so now I can refill the Damper/chipset set up I have on both from the same ink bottles and the pictures from each printer are comparable,(good).
I used to have a regular/bottle/tubing/chip set up on the 1400 but changed over to refillable dampers after getting the Epson shut down notice. I Ran OEM remanufactured carts to get it going again and then made the switch. Both printers are doing just great at the moment.( Subject to change without notice) LOL!
I like the set up for the cartridges in the 725, the cartridges staying still while the head moves separately! I was pleased to see Epson connecting the ink bay to the head with tubing just like on a CIS !

nerdful1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Use an Ipad. Get the right model now, is the latest one the Maxipad?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
nerdful1 said:
Use an Ipad. Get the right model now, is the latest one the Maxipad?
:gig

Also the iCrib and the iHizzle.