Waste Ink Tank pads.

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I use a waste ink tank that I can empty on most printers but I was wondering about the pads. On printers like the Epson Artisan models the pads are easy to get to and I could remove them and clean them and reinstall them however My question is this. If I wanted to replace the pads with new ones are they even available? I don't remember anyone listing them for sale anywhere.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Yeah,,,,, beacuse they don't want you to replace them yourself. If they did they would design a hatch system for you to get to them or maybe a side drawer? LOL

No, they bury them and every other component you would likely break during your attempt is piled on top with the sole goal of making it so dificult and messy a proposition, you will just say " OH Well " Say,,,, that new Rxxxx model is on sale with a reabate"!!!!!

Oh and about the Artisans! Yes they are easy to replace pads on! Which couldn't the rest be like that. Where to get the pads, I've seen some of Ebay but I bet the few adventurous people out there will replace them with some other simmilar material.

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
You could probably use cosmetic sponges (the dense kind) or cut up a The Absorber superabsorbant chamois and use the bits.

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Worst case, you can clean and air dry and reuse or maybe diaper material? I never changed the diapers on a printer before!

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
I cleaned the waste pads of my MP750 by stirring and squeezing them in a bucket with warm water and chlorine. Took 1 hour + 24 hours of drying in the summer sun. I prefer them because their are cut to the proper dimensions, however the diaper idea seems very good!

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I suggest you check with an authorized repair shop. I bought sets of ink absorber pads for my Canon printers for $7.

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Here's an idea, we could set up a printer with a waste ink tank but instead of running the tubing into a bottle we could run it into a second printer set up for black only, then the waste ink would be supplying the second printer automatically! What do ya think???, ( Patent pending)

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Won't work. The ink will be too "Dirty" and hopelessly clog the second head. Believe I thought about that long time ago.

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Won't work? Bummer! But I was thinking after reading about it, I know Damper Cartridges come with Micro filters built in so wouldn't that take care of the "Dirty" problems before the ink reaches the head? Just a thought!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
OutOFtheinkwell said:
Won't work? Bummer! But I was thinking after reading about it, I know Damper Cartridges come with Micro filters built in so wouldn't that take care of the "Dirty" problems before the ink reaches the head? Just a thought!
Why would you want to use this waste ink anyway, sure the ink is cheap enough in the first place.. :)