Very good review on the Pixma PRO-1

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Don't know if any of you have seen this review so here is the link.
I am still reading and decided it would be a good share.

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/reviews/printer/canon_pro-1.html

Also considering the the major difference between the PRO1 and the PRO10 is one shade of black. Would that be a reason to a few extra hundreds for the PRO1 over the much lower cost PRO10?
would the lack of that extra gray shade be a deal breaker if one is printing 80% color and 20% B&W?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Actually I am not happy with the colour configuration of the Pro 10: it has a red cartridge.....this should be substituted with light grey to get K3 quality BW print, to compensate for the gamut drop, the two magenta's should be upgraded to vivid magenta and vivid light magenta. This still will be 10 cartridges. Actually a full K3 compatible ink set with both photo and matte black loaded and including a gloss optimizer.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
But regardless, I am wondering whether the overall IQ of the PRO10 v the PRO1 actually differs much in most printing situations.
The idea of K3 equivalent colors on the PRO1 has merit. Canon has apparently chosen not to emulate it. I suppose they could even add a LLL black plus Chroma Opt and also end up with a full K3 VM + Chroma Opt and LLL-K = 11 inks for the PRO-1

I am sure they have thought it out and stuck with their current choice of colors.
We both have a PRO 38xx with K3 and love them and I am also still using my R2880 with K3 VM but I was just wondering about these new Canons.