Tiny dots/indentations on printout every 10-15mm or so.. Canon MG5765

PullMyFinger

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5765
Hi, I am just wondering if anyone can shed some light on what might be the problem here.

I have been printing out some photos of my kids with Santa and stuff and have noticed that the printouts have a small line of dots running vertically up and down the printout about every centimetre, they don't look like ink but like tiny pinhead dots. The photos are fine when put into a frame and such you can't really notice it...but it does annoy me :)

Any idea what is causing this?...is it normal with Inkjet/cheap printers?

Thanks
Dan

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I think the marks are spur wheel marks. In an ink jet printer paper out transport is done by by rubber rollers on the underside of the paper and to avoid smearing, by spur or "pizza cutter" wheels on the topside of the paper. I think the appearance of the dots is more dependent on ink and mostly paper than on the printer. Even expensive printers like a Canon Pro 10 can do this. Here is a thread about a similar problem and one more here.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Yes, that's the little sprocket wheels at the paper exit of the printer, about every printer model has those, some more - some less. You may test another paper/photopaper which dries quicker, or use a different quality setting which uses less ink.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@PullMyFinger, Not being from an agriculture background myself, but I still called them tractor wheels, and I don’t’ eat pizzas, so try slowing down the printer by extending the drying time on your prints and see if that helps..

Capture.PNG

PullMyFinger

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5765
Oh, right, great thank you, when you look at it I guess it does look like that. I actually found some sample 6x4 Canon Glossy II paper that was included with the printer, didn't know it was in there :) This paper doesn't appear to get the marks at all.

The paper I bought for the printer was a cheaper version as I live regional and that was all they had at the shop and it was 250GSM and just Glossy, but even when you look at it it's not very glossy as all, the brand is Krisp, I googled to try find a bit more out about them but not much info or reviews.

Thanks for your replies, it's appreciated, I couldn't get any responses from the Canon support services.

This is the paper I am trying to use....
vRwdDD2.gif

Attachments

• paper.GIF
    paper.GIF
    163.8 KB · Views: 623

PullMyFinger

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5765
Ok, will try that, although it is already only set to Standard. So I guess I'll just lower it a bit more than that.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Many Canon printers have a "Quiet mode" to reduce noise. This slows down the printer, so maybe the use of this mode will reduce or eliminate the dots? The quiet mode also reduces print head operating temperature, so an added bonus might be a longer lifespan for the print head.

This is the button to click. My Windows version is Danish, but the buttons and layout should be the the same in the English version:

Quiet mode.jpg