Thinking of buying a Epson 1500w(1430) and not sure what ink to go for

craig carr

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1000
Such a R3000 should be a good deal - almost new , a clean nozzle check printed recently should be available.
I have asked to see a nozzle check :) I no have the money in my bank so I am sitting here waiting on the nozzle check to then make the decision between a brand new 1500w with the comfort that it will be covered or the pre owned(nearly new) R3000 that will then mean I don't have to use pigment ink in a dye printer... I'm so indecisive haha :)

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
Sorry about my earlier post i misread craigs post i thought he had put R300:(

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
there are typically several of these small pinwheels at the exit of the print area across the width of the paper, their impressions are barely or not at all visible depending on the type of paper, its surface coating and how quick the ink is drying. I'm referring to a rather heavy paper pickup roller in the WF7110 leaving an impression from top to bottom, but here again depending on the type of paper, thickness and stiffness.

craig carr

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1000
R3000 purchased for £250. Now I just need to get a refill kit from octoink and save up for some big cheap epson carts :D :D :D

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
I noticed that someone said they had used Coralgraph dye ink can anyone tell me if this is any good because it is a very good price.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I noticed that someone said they had used Coralgraph dye ink can anyone tell me if this is any good because it is a very good price.
See post #3 of this thread. There is a Search Forums function at the top left of the page that has a number of results for "Coralgraph".

The better 3rd party inks are generally not inexpensive, relatively speaking to other 3rd party inks. Poor performing 3rd part inks may not be inexpensive either.

craig carr

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1000
I Just recieved the r3000 today. Had almost 3/4 of ink left, upgraded the firmware and done all the installation then done a clean which took the ink down substantially. Then went to do my first print and it done what sounded like another clean which almost emptied my carts, first print took an age but looks fantastic.
I have one print that has really subtle tones of black in the background and they didn't show on my dye printer. They certainly do now. <<< Thats my folllow up on how my r3000 is.

As for coralgraph. I have loads of that ink. I bought it after seeing some pretty decent although not scientific fade results on here. I used it in my ciss and didn't see any difference in prints from the epson OEM using the same profile.

I now have about 400ml + of each colour for the xp-860 that I no longer have a use for at this current time so if you are interested in trying it I could give you it even cheaper. I only bought it about 2 months ago :)
I also have a little octoinkjet dye ink left that I had for the pixma pro 100.