Thinking of buying a Epson 1500w(1430) and not sure what ink to go for

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@Flying Scotsman - the Canon Pro-1 and Pro-10 are Pigment ink printers. The Canon Pro-100 is a Dye ink printer.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I Just recieved the r3000 today. Had almost 3/4 of ink left, upgraded the firmware and done all the installation
@craig carr, question: - why on earth did you do a firmware upgrade as soon as you got your new printer, what purpose did it actually serve, could you not have left well enough alone, the problems of have trouble down the road have just got much bigger, I do hope you plan on staying on OEM carts...

craig carr

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1000
@craig carr, question: - why on earth did you do a firmware upgrade as soon as you got your new printer, what purpose did it actually serve, could you not have left well enough alone, the problems of have trouble down the road have just got much bigger, I do hope you plan on staying on OEM carts...
It was a second hand printer. It was just an to install it when i was installing all the other stuff so I did. Why would it make a difference in relation to 3rd party inks?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Firmware upgrades can add additional features including preventing the use of third party cartridge chips. It may even be possible to prevent the use of reset OEM chips.

Like wireless routers, video cards and other computer hardware, never upgrade the firmware of your printer unless the upgrade offers functionality you must have or the hardware does not work properly and the upgrade is the only fix. If it ain't broke then don't fix it.

craig carr

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1000
Firmware upgrades can add additional features including preventing the use of third party cartridge chips. It may even be possible to prevent the use of reset OEM chips.

Like wireless routers, video cards and other computer hardware, never upgrade the firmware of your printer unless the upgrade offers functionality you must have or the hardware does not work properly and the upgrade is the only fix. If it ain't broke then don't fix it.

OOPS.. Oh well. Not much I can do now. :(