> Maybe our monitors are calibrated with very different color shifts.
Mine is color calibrated to be accurate, and is a Mitsubishi 22" the CRT used for professional color accurate monitors. As I've pointed out before, the Formulabs produces ok enough mid tones, but not shadows. That obviously rules out monitor color calibration as the issue, and clearly identifies it as an ink problem, having to do with density dissimilar to Canon OEM ink.
> I am able to reproduce the colors on my monitor quite well.
Actually, I suspect that is not the case unless the ink you have is different from mine. Brunet hair going purple in shadows some people can live with, but not people who want accurate color.
One of the posters here Neil Slade says he thinks some inks color is "good enough" and not noticably off by his standards. IMO the scans he shows of the dancer has one in a red dress, and one in an orangesh dress, which is a pretty big shift!! He also posts example images which are mostly 100% saturation primary colors, not a great way of judging color shift. He points out he's a long time artist and should know color.... so I'm confused by that.
Anyways, it shows "good enough" is relative.
> I apologize if I was responsible for your purchasing of Formulabs.
No big deal. No need to apologize. I'll probably try some others and Formulabs may be the least of evils of 3rd party inks for all I know.
Maybe I'll try the Specialist black, that's supposed to be good.