Syringe Priming Tips

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Tin Ho, thanks I've done that, but the problem is that the tip of a syringe is to large a diameter for what I am doing with it.
I will disclose what it is I am doing after tomorrow when DHL delivers an item I am waiting for, but only after I am sure that it will work.

Mikling, that was perfect!!! Thank you!!!

Joe

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
jtoolman said:
Tin Ho, thanks I've done that, but the problem is that the tip of a syringe is to large a diameter for what I am doing with it.

Joe
Joe, thanks for the comment. When I first tried to use a syringe with the tip cut with 2 small notches I felt it tight. The cartridges I had were refillables from China. I hesitated a little but went ahead to push the syringe in. It worked and worked really well. I have since done it many times with no problems.

That was in last year and the printer (a R2880 too) belonged to a photography club I belong to. The cartridges have probably been primed plenty of times by now. I acquired my own R2880 recently. It came with OEM cartridges. But I chose to go with refillables and have acquired a set of them. They were all primed with the syringe on hand. Same feeling that the syringe was a little tight but it worked just perfectly still.

Well, the adapter from Ink Supply Company is cheap. No reason not to use them unless you are in a hurry and can't wait.