Syringe Priming Tips

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I've been looking around through some of my regular ink supplier's web sites for those Priming adapter Tips that attach to the end of a regular non threaded syringe to prime carts from the exit port.

The are narrower diameter but I have no clue how much smaller they are.

I had a couple of them but for the life of me I've no clue where they went. Sure they grew tiny little legs and ran off.

I've seen several sizes out there. All I know if the tip of a regular syringe is too FAT to enter most exit ports without damaging.

OK actually I am working on an experiment that once I sort everything out I will share with you all.

So if anyone knows of a USA source for these things, please let me know.

Thanks

Joe

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I will have something on my site soon....i got em in stock. Please be aware that normally cartridges that are styled like the R2400 and 1800 etc. will usually have a priming hole not requiring this at all. Strange thing is not many people ever figured this out.
The generation after the R2400 like the Artisan, R280 etc.... will need a tip...or just take a normal syringe and put it on a lathe or grinder to make the tip fit. If you are careful, it will fit without modding.
The best solution is to have a plastic tapered needle with a 14 gauge outlet. It fits, can be trimmed and shaped to work perfectly and is also versatile to have in every refillers' toolbox for whenever the need arrives for other purposes as well.
I include these with refillable cartridges for those models that need it. Again for the older style of cartridges, they are not required.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
mikling said:
I will have something on my site soon....i got em in stock.
Please be aware that normally cartridges that are styled like the R2400 and 1800 etc. will usually have a priming hole not requiring this at all. Strange thing is not many people ever figured this out.
The generation after the R2400 like the Artisan, R280 etc.... will need a tip...or just take a normal syringe and put it on a lathe or grinder to make the tip fit. If you are careful, it will fit without modding.
The best solution is to have a plastic needle with a 14 gauge outlet. It fits, can be trimmed and shaped to work perfectly and is also versatile to have in every refillers' toolbox for whenever the need arrives for other purposes as well.
I include these with refillable cartridges for those models that need it. Again for the older style of cartridges, they are not required.
I've modified a syringe on my lathe and it will work. But I would rather have some real "Priming Adapters!
I am working on a something that I will share with all of you if I succeed!!! I do need a narrower tip for what I am doing which only these adapters can provide.
Sorry about all the secrecy but if I get this to work, it will be pretty big.
I will wait till you get them on the site.

Thanks

Joe

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Based on what I've found recently one of the tapered needles would probably be the best bet but I would modify them slightly to notch the end so you don't block the needle end with the spring loaded valve plate when you insert it.

Worth noting, that newer carts like the T70xx and similar, have a smaller diameter nozzle so the original Pull Through Adapters are not suitable...

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
I have the clear ones from Inksupply so I don't use these - I use them for glue and epoxy injection in other projects.

http://www.cmlsupply.com/dispensing-needles-syringes/plastic-tapered-needles.html

I bought a multi-pack of every metal and plastic needle they have, but if I wanted just tapered plastic needles, I would actually buy the thinnest ones they have (24 ga) and then cut them down until they fit. They're pretty long. But they do have 14 ga ones too.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I don't think these what we normally refer to as Priming Tips in the refilling area. Octoink has the ones I am looking for but I just did not want to order from overseas if I could find the same locally ( USA )

However as I was puttering around my printing room last night, I found my only priming tip I originally got with a kit from Rjettek.
However they do not sell that particular tip for sale individually.

I will be needing at least ten of them ultimately.

Joe

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Yes, these will do just fine! However there seems to be some issue with inksupply and their current level of customer service. I've read lot's of very recent customer complains. Orders taking forever to ship, no one answers emails or phone calls!

I did find my "Missing" tip the other night and have been using it on my BIG current experiment.

So I will be getting some from PC or from Octoinkjet.

Thanks

Joe

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
PeterBJ said:
Are these adapters what you are looking for? I think the pictures are a bit hard to see due to reflections or shadows from a flash. Link here: http://www.inksupply.com/product-details.cfm?pn=MIS-BADP-10&printerID=0
I know this may not be a question any longer. But I found it easy to modify a regular syringe to achieve perfect priming just like using the adapter from Ink Supply.

What I do is to cut two small notches on the tip of the syringe and makes it looks just like the tip of the adapter from Ink Supply. It works like a charm and the syringe can be still used like it has been for refiling.

Well, this is for priming 3rd party refillable carts for my newly acquired but used R2880. The R2880 cartridges have the same dimension of ink outlet of almost all Epson ink cartridges I have used. I believe they can be primed the same way using the same syringe tip pr adapter from Ink Supply Company.