Stuck starwheel on 3880 producing a cut mark on all prints

Umberto Gladys

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3800
One of the starwheels on the front input tray of my 3880 is not moving as it should and as a result producing a cut mark on every print that is fed through the manual back tray. Every other starwheel functions as expected. Is there a way to simply disable this single starwheel of some way to easily fix this?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil

Umberto Gladys

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3800
Did a Google search using "starwheel on 3880" and several results may apply to you.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=starwheel+on+3880

The first result seems like an excellent guide to resolving your issue, though it might be a good idea to look at as many search results as you can as there may be something better of more to your liking.

https://jkschreiber.wordpress.com/2016/08/08/how-to-disable-star-wheels-on-an-epson-3880/
Thanks. I saw and read that WordPress link too. Just not sure I want to disable all of them just the non-functioning one and his solution is all or nothing. I tried to lubricate the one that is stuck but that didn't help either

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Did you explore the other links in the Google search? Chances are good someone else with your issue wants a similar resolution as you.

I do not have an Epson 3880 so I'm flying by the seat of my pants on this. Hang in there. The Epson experts have yet to reply.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Just not sure I want to disable all of them just the non-functioning one
Easy fix..
Raising all of the Tractor wheels slightly on the front of the 3880 is the best way of eliminating these annoying marks for good, it won’t cause any un intended issues, try it on a few prints first, then decided if it is the answer for you.. Nothing ventured..;)