Strange CD Printing Problem!

KnightCrawler

Printer Guru
Reaction score
CD Label Print is kind of buggy I recommend trying other software like Nero Cover Designer or Adobe template to verify that it's not a software bug.

dan_uk_1984

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Richard,

I know you've said your nozzel check was OK, but are you SURE?

There should be TWO blacks on the print out, the fatter black produces the Grid pattern, the small black should produce a grey bar similar to that of the colours. It should be the last one printed - 3eBK, 6C, 6C, 6M, 6M, 6Y & 6BK

The only other time the 6BK cartridge works is when the "Photo Paper Pro" mode is selected. It's difficult to tell if the black is or isnt working when printing photo's because most of the time its just added for contrasts.

If it does turn out to be a blocked head then don't do too many head cleans or you'll fill the waste ink tank. Try one of the other methods listed on the site.

Hope this is of some help.

Dan

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
richiep,... I thought Knightcrawler had a very good suggestion as this would eliminate another potential place for problems,... So I loaded a disk image that I have printer before in CD Lable Print and created a new image in Nero Cover Design. The I selected my iP6600d to print the CD. I had to go to properties and nothing was set up for a CD. Once I selected "Printable CD" the Canon software told me to select CD Tray C as paper source which I did. Then I tried to print the CD using nero. The printer pulled the CD in as usual and did the basic examination, then repeated the exam, then it pushed the CD back out with an error message. It said this was not a printable CD.

So I pulled up CD Label Print and tried the same image I had printed before. It worked fine. This software sets up all the parameters in the Canon driver and I don't have to do anything. It has always worked fine for me. So much for buggy software.

zoki

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hy
I have print from Corel draw and black is always blue

dan_uk_1984

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
"I have print from Corel draw and black is always blue" - You need to search for details about colour casts then....

MickB

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello there from "Down Under" I came to this forum because I had a lot of problem with colours on my IP4000 and thanks to the forum it seems it was all because of my Magenta cartridge as yesterday I bought a new one and my RED is back to red!
Unfortunately the most I use my printer for is to print Printable cd or labels stuck on cd. You might guessed it, Suddenly the CD tray does not print red. I say suddenly but wonder if my magenta problem may have been the cause of it as the CD may have been deprived of magenta for some time, however my printed cd prior yesterday change weren't as "anemic" as it is since my new cartridge as been installed. Before I might still have been gettting a little magenta to get mainly bluish result but not like this!
I just did change the propriety to get "Disk Tray" "printable disc (recommended)" to replace "plain paper" I saw when I went to propriety. I would have thought that opening the tray automatically changes the Media type and paper source, but there we are and perhaps this could be the problem something is not working properly anymore.
Well I will try to reinstall the driver but I'm not holding my breath after reading RichieP's post; btw my maroon is printing bright green (the colour called green in the chart). I'm not much of a "mechanic" or "technitian and would not pull this think apart! Thank you
MB

MickB

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello again, have reinstalled the original cd that came with my canon ip4000
At first there were no change in result, although I noticed the media and paper source had changed automatically to the right choice when I opened the disk tray. (even b4 i reinstalled the whole printer but after I switched it off for a while then on again)
I had a spoiled printable disk and created a little spot of colour on top of my printable area and experienced with other colours. (it's faster with on large dot only and you can keep moving it around your blank disk to experiment untill you run out of room!)
The red did come up but a little shy. so encouraged by this I tried the maroon again but as before it turned out bright green. :(. so I went to other colours. Brown was ok Black was very black.
I went back to red and my first try was just as black as with the black !??
However I tried the red again (actually this is when i really started a full spot - and low and behold (these weren't actually the words I used, but this seems to be a decent forum :) It was BRIGHT red!!!
I reprinted my anemic first go and it look quite good.
Well I let you do your deduction.
Perhaps this is your problem too one of the cartridge is not priming properly in cd print and hope you're as lucky as I am.
Bye MB

pebe

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Try a nozzle check to identify which colours are not correct.

dan_uk_1984

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
If you are getting intermittent colour problems then this points to an ink feed issue i.e its not flowing into the head propperly.

To verify this print half an A4 page of solid colour. Make your red more of a magenta colour though (funny that cos the ink is magenta and NOT red) othewise you will be mixing magenta and yellow to make red.
If you get any streaks (not lines but thick streaks) that tail off towards the edges then you have a problem.

Do you have a Genuine Canon card you can substitute to rule the cartridge out?

I always keep a full set of genuine canon carts just in case i get issues

MickB

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I did reply and thank you for these helps, but I can't see my post! I was saying all was well now although I replaced my Magenta with a non genuine cart it was "pelican" they even claim that using their ink does not void the warranty??? I'm way beyond anyway.
I also was asking Dan_uk when you say you have a spare set of genuine canon cart, do you mean you will test when needed with the genuine carts, then what do you do with them, do you leave them in your printer till they need replacing or you store them till you need them again for a test - and if you do how do you prepare them for re-storing once open?
Of late, my yellow cart was empty and I refilled it, I was worried that my printer head would be drying (i'm rather slow and disorganised at it and the printhead has already returned home) so I squirted a couple of drop of yellow on it before replacing the cart. Now my yellow is rather toward orange!
I have printed a long time ago, when everything was printing right, the Microsoft Words colour chart in the name of their respective colours.
When I compared the new print out, really only the yellow seemed to be affected and in the way i just said.
Thank you again
MB:)